FIXED-TERM FULL-TIME JOB VACANCY
New York Office
Application Deadline: September 28, 2018
The Administration Division of Human Rights Watch (“HRW”) is seeking an Assistant in the New York office to provide administrative assistance. This is a fixed-term, full-time position for 3 months, working 40 hours per week, reporting to the Acting Facilities Manager and the Senior Associate based in New York.
1. Assist the Acting Facilities Manager with the following duties:
a. Coordination of all repairs and maintenance work undertaken by the Empire State Building;
b. Office moves;
c. Maintenance of the HRW New York City apartment;
d. Full stocking and good order of kitchen and office supplies;
2. Assist the Senior Associate with the following duties:
a. Staff the front desk as needed, including vetting unregistered visitors in accordance with established security procedures, controlling access to lobby corridors to visitors and staff without access cards, receiving and directing of visitors, answering telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner, directing calls and handling requests for assistance and information in accordance with established procedures;
b. Development of resources for public inquiries, including vetting of potential resources and spreadsheet data entry.
3. Perform additional tasks as required.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, social science, or a related field is strongly desired.
Experience: A minimum of one year of relevant work experience is desirable.
Related Skills and Knowledge:
1. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are required, prior administrative office experience is highly desirable.
2. Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office are required.
3. Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritize tasks while maintaining a strong attention to detail are required.
4. Strong oral and written communications skills in English are required; proficiency in another language is desirable.
5. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff within the organization are required.
6. Excellent customer service/customer relations skills are required.
7. Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
Salary: The salary for this position is US$ 15.50 per hour.
Duration: This is a fixed-term, full-time position for approximately 3 months.
Diverse teams are strong teams. HRW includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, the self-taught and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages and socio-economic backgrounds. We encourage candidates of all races genders, ages, abilities, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences. HRW is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
Human Rights Watch is an international human rights monitoring and advocacy organization known for its in-depth investigations, its incisive and timely reporting, its innovative and high-profile advocacy campaigns, and its success in changing the human rights-related policies and practices of influential governments and international institutions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Please apply immediately by visiting our online job portal at https://careers.hrw.org and attaching a letter of interest, and a resume,. No calls or email inquiries, please. Only complete applications will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application submission, please email email@example.com. Due to the large response, application submissions via email will not be accepted and inquiries regarding the status of applications will go unanswered.