The School of Interactive Arts (SIA) is a program within Urban Arts Partnership that teaches students the art and science of game design and development as a means of opening the door to future college and career opportunities. The program uses game design as an entry point to teach computer science while helping students develop skills in empathy, communication, and decision making. The program is extremely successful in helping students gain admission to a college of their choice and pursue careers related to game design and creative technology. Here’s what you’ll do:
The SIA Program Manager for Middle School Programs is responsible for leading the implementation of all SIA Game Design programming in grades 6th-8th. This highly-organized and engaging individual oversees and facilitates our SIA professional development workshops for teachers, and manages our in-class program implementation (all program activities will be conducted remotely for the 2020-21 school year due to COVID-19). This person is an excellent communicator and effective educator who is passionate about helping teachers and students engage game design and computer science as a means to both academic and artistic growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and implement SIA Middle School Classroom programs; Manage various program implementations with a drive towards excellence and meet deliverables pertaining to any and all grants supporting the program.
- Coordinate with school administrators and teachers to schedule professional development workshops as well as program implementations; build and maintain strong relationships with all school stakeholders.
- Facilitate professional development workshops for middle school teachers; Create engaging learning resources for program participants and deliver information in an accessible and engaging manner.
- Assume responsibility for all SIA Middle School program logistics and general operations.
ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
- Manage the SIA Middle School budget and ensure that all expenditures come in at or under budgetary targets.
- Serve as point person for writing all necessary reports related to the program.
- Manage SIA Middle School faculty member(s); deploy faculty member(s) to assist with program implementation, develop curriculum, support teachers/students, etc.
- Coordinate with internal & external evaluators to assure administration of all evaluations and metrics across the program.
TEACHING & CURRICULUM
- With SIA Program Director, co-develop and implement production practices and process for creation and refinement of SIA Middle School Curriculum.
- Spearhead production management of SIA Middle School Curriculum for both teachers and students.
- Create and produce remote/digital professional development materials/presentations for teachers.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required; masters degree preferred
- At least 2 years experience working in school environments
- Super organized with an attention to detail and able to handle multiple tasks
- Proficiency in at least one coding language
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; you “wow” people with your ability to present information in an engaging way
- Background in program administration or project management
- Strong commitment to arts education; facility in arts education instruction
To apply please send a cover letter with salary requirements, as well as your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SIA Middle PM” in the subject line.
UAP is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.