The mission of TEAMWORKS is to guide middle school students growing up in challenging urban environments to recognize and reach their full potential as members of our community. Through a school-based team approach to mentoring, young adolescents are given the tools and support necessary to make positive choices during a critical period in their lives.
JOB DESCRIPTION: (Full-Time) Program Coordinator
Reports to Program Manager (PM) and the Director of Programs (DP), the Program Coordinator is responsible for the preparation and coordination of LATM’s mentoring programs, both in-person and virtually. Primary responsibilities include: interfacing with school administrators, facilitating presentations, implementing student recruitment/retentions strategies, preparing, coordinating and managing weekly in-person and virtual sessions/fieldtrips, preparing and submitting reports, implementing volunteer recruitment/retention/appreciation strategies and oversight, both virtual and on-site support, curriculum development and program management at three different school sites.
· Program Management – facilitate all program sessions and field trips (both in-person and virtually), community service projects, family events and other activities that serve to support mentoring relationships; work with Program Manager to revise and develop curriculum as needed; submit regular weekly, monthly and year end reports to the DP and PM;
· Student Recruitment and Retention – recruit and retain students as specified by program standards and goals. Ensure all clients are properly enrolled, work with the DP to implement effective recruitment and retention strategies;
· Mentor Recruitment and Retention – recruit teacher mentors and retain all mentor types as specified by program standards and goals as well as assist with college recruitment efforts;
· Mentor Screening- assist with coordinating mentor screening efforts, database management;
· Crisis Intervention – provide support to mentors and youth, and serve as a mandated reporter;
· Session Preparation/ Staff Support- assist with preparing session materials and data entry;
· Other – provide support to program and organizational activities, special events and administration
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will have excellent presentation, project and volunteer management, strong leadership skills, work well with others, highly organized, computer, oral and written communication skills. Bi-lingual in Spanish and English, experience working with at-risk youth and the ability to interface with school administrators preferred. Light lifting requirements (Up to 20-40 lbs.) and driving on a daily basis required—reliable transportation a must. Must be also available to work Monday– Friday, 9am – 6:30 pm with some evenings and able to work on Saturdays to manage fieldtrips. Prospective applicants are required to show and provide proof of vaccination. All candidates must adhere to state, federal and school district mandates to limit the transmission of Covid-19 in our offices and at school sites.
COMPENSATION: We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive salary commensurate with experience (Hourly range $19.00). We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, planning and culture.
The mission of TEAMWORKS is to guide middle school students growing up in challenging urban environments to recognize and reach their full potential as members of our community. Through a school-based team approach to mentoring…
English and Spanish preferred.
English and Spanish preferred.
Submit your cover letter and resume. No phone calls please! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information: visit us at www.latm.org