The Youth Worker will work on-site at clubhouse to assist in the delivery high quality and developmentally appropriate activities for children and youth ages six to eighteen. They will support the supervision of participants in accordance with program guidelines and regulations. The position will also work to ensure safety for all participants; which includes space and environment is free of hazards and participants are not engaged in activities that may cause hazards.
- Assist in the delivery of relevant afterschool programming for youth ages 6-18
- Encourage and engage youth participants in a range of program offerings in the areas of academic support & enrichment, health and wellness and character and leadership development
- Support in the daily set-up and clean-up of all materials used during programming
- Provide developmentally appropriate supervision of youth participants during all program activities
- Transport members between program sites and activities; when necessary
- Properly manage all Club materials and properly secure them upon completion of club activity
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate
- Maintain club facility and enforce all site operating expectations
- Support data collection activities to assess program performance.
- Support Program Specialist in the implementation of BGCHarlem programming
- Assist Program Specialist in managing classrooms including cleanup, supply distribution and other duties as necessary
- Other related duties as specified by site lead
- Regularly clean and sanitize high touch point areas throughout the clubhouse, using established practices and procedure.
Attend field trips and club outings
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience working with youth
- Proficient in basic computer skills and use of basic Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel
- This position requires the ability for employees to stand and or walk for long periods of time
- This position will be required to wear a mask and gloves at all times
- Speaking proficiency in Spanish