Sunday School Program Coordinator
- Job posted by Cleveland Park Congregational United Church of Christ
Details: $20/hr for 15 hours/month, Sept. - June
3400 Lowell Street, NW
Purpose: To coordinate our PreK-7th Grade Sunday School Program.
Goal: To provide the children of our church community with developmentally appropriate opportunities for religious education, faith formation and social connection.
Organizational Relationships: The Sunday School Program Coordinator is supervised by the Senior Pastor and works closely with the Children & Youth Committee (CY Committee) and relevant volunteers.
Working Hours: 15 hours/month (including 2-3 Sunday mornings)
This is a ten-month position (September-June)
- help organize and facilitate the Sunday School volunteer orientation
- coordinate and lead the Christmas Pageant and Children’s Sunday Service
- coordinate and plan/teach the 4th-7th grade class (1-2x/month)
- communicate with volunteer assistants
- communicate with Sunday School parents via monthly e-letter
- meet quarterly with the CY Committee
- prior experience working with children and youth
- openness to diverse faith perspectives
- strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- ability to communicate with a range of ages
- ability to collaborate with church volunteers
Start Date: Fall 2018
Minimum Education Required