The Executive Assistant to the CEO is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO and Board of Directors as needed. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The successful candidate will be committed to the mission of LPCS and excited for the opportunity to leverage their organizational and interpersonal skills in support of our work in a position that provides visibility and support into strategic and programmatic decision making.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for the CEO, often responsible for acting on their behalf with key stakeholders and partners, including the board, volunteers, partners, donors and staff
• Communicate on behalf of the CEO, including drafting correspondence and remarks as needed
• Proactively cultivate and steward relationships with key stakeholders and partners
• Manage data entry and follow through for new and existing relationships of the CEO
• Manage the CEO’s calendar and all scheduling, including preparation of materials
• Schedule all appointments and meetings with internal and external stakeholders and make all travel arrangements
• Provide oversight to the organizational calendar of activities for CEO related responsibilities
• Provides high-level administrative support and assistance to the CEO by preparing communications, such as memos, emails, invoices and reports; write and edit documents
• Schedules and attends meetings on behalf of CEO, taking notes for follow up and recording minutes.
• Receives and reviews all incoming communication for CEO and determines priority, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff for action
• Performs additional duties as assigned by CEO
• Personal commitment to helping solve homelessness in Illinois
• Experience in an executive support role, required
• Excellent writing skills and impeccable attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, agility to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Ability to act as a gatekeeper and escalate relevant information and tasks
• Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and proactively synchronizing rapidly to anticipate CEO needs
• Ability to give and receive timely feedback
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, professionalism and positivity in a very publicfacing role, with comfort interacting and supporting individuals of a variety of backgrounds
• Ability to manage by influence and build strong external and internal relationships
• Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion
• Ability to function well when working on multiple projects in an environment that can sometimes be stressful
• Extensive knowledge of office administration, clerical procedures, and recordkeeping systems
• Able to type minimum of 50 words per minute
• Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, Word or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software, such as Raiser’s Edge
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
• Two to four years of related experience required.
• Thrive in a rapidly growing organization with a 36-year track record of providing support to those experiencing homelessness, with the ability to work well within a cross functional team environment and diverse communities, within two locations and throughout the community. This position is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated executive assistant to assume a pivotal role in a historical and highly-respected organization.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
Lincoln Park Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status
The Executive Assistant to the CEO is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO and Board of Directors as needed. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer…