Full Time Temporary
Details: Hourly salary ~$20/hour
Ednovate launched its first school, USC Hybrid High, a personalized learning high school, in 2012. Since then, Ednovate has grown to five schools and is on a trajectory to continue to grow over the next several years. Ednovate is committed to serving in areas where students traditionally lack access to a quality college prep education by building tuition-free, safe, and high-performing public schools to serve neighborhoods that need it the most. Ednovate is currently planning for our next growth phase as we continue to fulfill our mission to make a positive multigenerational change within the communities we serve and in our profession.
We are seeking a Recruitment and Human Resources Coordinator to support the people and talent work across our organization. This individual will work closely with the Director of Talent and Human Resources to ensure smooth and efficient implementation of processes throughout the employee life cycle at Ednovate (onboarding, offboarding, benefits administration, payroll, etc.). The Coordinator will also support our recruitment efforts as we build our growing network of schools.
This is a temporary position that will start ASAP and will work approximately 30 hours/week through the end of July or mid-August. There is a potential for this to become a permanent role and we will share information on that transition as it becomes available.
Potential Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Job Postings - keep track of where our positions are posted and ensure they are refreshed on a regular basis.
- Candidate Communications - coordinate with candidates to set-up interviews
- Recruitment Events - support the Director of Talent & HR in coordinating group interview days or general hiring events
- Job/Careers Fairs - register our organization for career fairs and ensure our representatives are prepared to attend.
Payroll & Benefits Management:
- Enroll new hires in benefits or deactivate departing employees
- Assist in payroll preparation, ensuring that all benefit deductions are accounted for
- Ensure that all new employees are entered into Paycom, our payroll system
- Reset user access (password) to Paycom when applicable
- Support Director of Talent & HR in completing payroll or employment related paperwork from the state and other government agencies
Onboarding and Offboarding:
- Send onboarding & offboarding communications to staff
- Collect onboarding paperwork and create personnel files for each new hire
- Send Welcome Gift to all new hires
- Report all new hires to the Credentialing Consultant
- Keep onboarding & offboarding tracker updated at all times
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to multitask, establish and rearrange priorities, and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- A process oriented thinker with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proven experience as an HR assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of public education and charter schools preferred, but not required
- Relentless results-orientation
- Belief that all Ednovate students will succeed in college and make a Positive Multigenerational Change
- Unwavering determination to do whatever it takes to help our students succeed
- A history of high achievement and results
- Impressive work ethic ("good isn't good enough")
- Clear passion for Ednovate's Mission
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Serviced-focused mentality
Interested candidates should begin the process by submitting an application through Ednovate's website at http://www.ednovate.org/careers.
This position will be paid an hourly rate. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Ednovate does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
Minimum Education Required