District of Columbia
AppleTree Institute for Education Innovation (ATI) has established a reputation for excellence in the education of young children in the District of Columbia. Local, national organizations and agencies as well as many families and community members have taken notice of the positive impact our research-driven program has on children’s outcomes and their later academic achievement.
The AIQ Program Coordinator will work across programs on the Instructional Quality Team (AIQ) and will report directly to the Chief of Research and Innovation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop positive and collaborative relationships with Every Child Ready partner schools (i.e. AppleTree Schools, @AppleTree, and ECR Network Partners) by regularly visiting classrooms across the Every Child Ready Network and providing support as needed.
- Supports the database of research articles and other literature used for coursework, professional learning content development, and research dissemination.
- Supports grant writing and general dissemination, as requested.
- Coordinates research initiatives, supports data collection, data entry, and data sharing as requested.
- Collaborates with implementation team on professional development and assessment needs and resources.
- Supports annual instructional leader and teacher training during summer months and quarterly Every Child Ready meetings.
- Delivers professional development sessions, as needed.
- Contributes to compliance review process, including IACET 1-2013 Standard, OSSE-TAP and others as needed.
- Comfortably work independently or with group collaboration and coordination.
- Effective problem solver and predictive thinker.
- Supports event scheduling and travel arrangements as requested.
Contributes to a community of practice
Attend meetings as needed.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively and lead teams.
- Respects confidentiality.
- Demonstrates punctuality, good attendance, and professionalism for all duties.
- Maintain cooperative, respectful and supportive relationships with colleagues.
- Effectively use time and resources.
- Openness to receive and provide direct feedback.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Master’s degree in Education/Psychology desired or a closely related field.
- Technological proficiency in GSuite, Asana, Microsoft Office and willingness to learn new technology platforms as required.
- Experience with a variety of child-level assessments.
- Patience and the ability to communicate clearly to audiences with varying data comfort levels.
- Highly collaborative work style and team player and a can-do attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive, effective and mutually beneficial relationships with a variety of stakeholders within AppleTree Schools, the AppleTree enterprise, and the greater Washington, D.C. education community.
- Active CLASS PK observer certification preferred.
- Travel to school-sites in Washington, DC metro area, national conference, and other out-of-state events required. Travel will not exceed 10-20% of time.
- The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the AIQ Program Coordinator.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with education and experience, including excellent benefits.
- Collaborative work environment
- Competitive health care and dental benefits
Commitment to Diversity
At AppleTree, we endeavor to foster an environment where each person’s true self and experience is welcome. We believe that only with a diverse and inclusive environment can you truly celebrate and support all students, families, and staff. Our commitment to diversity is founded on the belief that our community is strengthened by the vibrant exchange that occurs when individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, and heritages share their various perspectives with one another.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
No phone calls or emailed resumes, please. To apply please go to www.appletreeinstitute.org/careers. Click open positions and apply by adding your letter of interest and resume/curriculum vitae. Thanks!