Details: Competitive salary is commensurate with experience, and generous benefits are provided.
1315 Walnut Street
The Director of Finance and Operations will report to the Executive Director (ED) and will be responsible for budgeting, financial reports, grants management, accounts payable, financial predictions, office operations, and human resources for the Education Law Center.
• Analyze and present timely and accurate financial reports in collaboration with ELC’s CPA; clearly communicate quarterly and annual financial statements to the ED and the ELC Board of Directors, including commentary on YTD vs budget fluctuations; oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting;
• Manage Education Law Center’s grants by calculating and preparing grant budgets and financial reports in conjunction with the ED and by working with staff to ensure each project or program is meeting financial and organizational requirements. Experience in a medium-sized nonprofit organization funded by multiple sources, including earned income, donations, and foundation grants is a plus.
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, working with external auditors and the finance committee of the Board;
• Oversee and lead the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes;
• Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting;
• Implement a contracts management and financial management/reporting system; ensure contract billing and collection and that financial data and cash flow support operational requirements;
• Effectively communicate and present critical financial matters to the ED and Board in collaboration with the ED and CPA;
• Manage ELC’s contracts with outside payroll, insurance, and retirement plan providers.
Human Resources, Technology, and Administration
• Oversee Education Law Center’s administration, human resources, compensation, and benefits;
• Maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by serving as liaison to staff, assisting in implementing human resources policies and practices;
• Assist with professional development, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting;
• Assist and support staff with staff tools related to office systems and office policies and procedures;
• Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations;
• Oversee the use of office space and serve as contact with building management;
• Oversee disaster and recovery plan;
• Supervise office operations and operations projects.
Insurance: Health, Dental, STD/LTD
403(b) Retirement Account
Minimum Education Required