Assistant Manager, Admissions and Surrender Prevention Programming
- Job posted by Animal Care Centers of NYC
3139 Veterans Road West
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Admissions and Surrender Prevention Programming
Who We Need
Animal Care Centers of NYC is looking for an Assistant Manager of Admissions and Surrender Prevention Programming. Through progressive leadership and a client focused approach, the Assistant Manager of Admissions and Surrender Prevention Programming sets the tone for Admissions staff providing services to our clients who are often experiencing pet care crises and need a safe space and sympathetic ear with whom they can explore their options.
Key to supporting ACC’s goal to keep pets at home with their families, the Admissions department is tasked with the complex job of interacting with clients in challenging, sometimes emergent situations and connecting them to resources that prevent unnecessary relinquishment of their pets to the shelter. The Assistant Manager supports their work by providing day to day leadership, as well as grant management and statistical analysis to inform program growth and direction.
The Assistant Manager must be equal parts multi-tasking and time management pro, mediator, researcher, and negotiator while always working to achieve strategic goals as outlined by the organization. They will help lead this essential part of ACC programming by:
- Proving daily supervision, coaching, and growth opportunities to staff.
- Collecting, analyzing, and reporting on statistics to inform program growth and areas of opportunity including reasons for surrender, efficacy of resources offered, etc.
- Developing systems to maximize data input, data reporting and analysis.
- Supporting all aspects of grant management including approval of expenses, reporting, and partner relationships.
- Working alongside staff as needed to meet their needs as well as the needs of our clientele, which may include working with clients surrendering their animals, direct animal handling, referral to partners/resources for support, data entry, and routine correspondence.
- Collaborating with and supporting a cohort of colleagues across departments and locations as ACC’s moving parts work together to achieve our goals.
Our ideal candidate loves people even more than they love pets. They possess the ability to excel in a fast-paced, often high stress environment. They treat animals and people with respect and consider all individuals as potential collaborators with something to offer. The right candidate is able to be discreet and confidential in a variety of situations and is an expert communicator. They strongly believe in modeling and promoting a staff culture that is friendly and outgoing, collaborative, and free of judgment. They have experience managing and adhering to operational budgets and have experience collecting and analyzing large data sets. They are bilingual, with a flexible schedule, and willingness to travel to different locations routinely, to meet the needs of our clients. The most ideal candidate has at least two years supervisory experience and a familiarity with working in an animal or social service related field.
Is It You?
There’s a chance you might make a great Assistant Manager of Admissions and Surrender Prevention Services if the above description sounds interesting and:
· You enjoy analyzing complex issues to figure out solutions – even better if you can do that with someone else.
· You are a great communicator…you can just as easily explain to your 3 year old niece why the sky is blue as you can explain to your fellow peers the importance of checks and balances.
· You are quick thinking and creative – sometimes your friends don’t invite you to game night because they’re so sick of being outsmarted at every turn.
· The term “pivot table” gives you butterflies in your stomach (the good kind).
· You were in both the Math League and Social Justice Club in college – you are passionate about improving the lives of others but know that having a strategy behind it, is just as important.
Please apply via our job portal here. Send us your resume and cover letter detailing your interest. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Minimum Education Required