Boys Hope Girls Hope St. Louis, a nonprofit youth development program, is looking for a part-time On-call House Parents to help create a healthy family-like home experience for our residential scholars through love, encouragement, structure and fun, focusing on their education, growth, development and achievement. Is this your calling?
We are seeking to hire an on-call House Parent who is able to work when there is a need each month. Living and sleeping in the home while on call may required. The right candidate will be available approximately ten hours per week, averaging about 40 hours each month.
Child Development and Health
· Know and follow Boys Hope Girls Hope program policies and procedures regarding the care and development of scholars
· Assume responsibility for scholars in residence, including daily decisions regarding health, safety, and discipline
· Responsible for physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and academic development of scholars living in home in accordance with individual scholar service plans and Boys Hope Girls Hope program policies
· Develop and maintain parent and/or guardian relationships and involvement in their child’s life and the program.
· Implement program to teach transitional living skills
Provides individual assistance and tutoring as needed.
· Assure that home functions in accordance with Boys Hope Girls Hope program and local licensing standards
· Maintain the home in a clean and safe condition, providing for nutritional and physical needs of scholars
· Ensure that scheduled and necessary maintenance occurs on all program property and vehicles.
· Ability to work one weekend per month Friday evening through Sunday (or Monday if holiday) afternoon to provide respite for full time house parents. Private bedroom provided
· Bachelor’s degree in social service or related field required
· Minimum of 2 years of experience working with adolescents,
· Ability to take direction, support multiple projects, initiate next steps, and consistently meet deadlines;
· Professional demeanor, appearance, and strong work ethic;
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills
· Able to meet stated programmatic goals;
· Computer proficiency with ability to use word processing, e-mail and internet applications;
· Ability to cultivate strong and lasting relationships with scholars, staff, volunteers, stakeholders, donors and community members
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For a full job description visit our web site. Qualified candidates may submit their resumes on our website at http://bhghinternational.org/connect/careers/. Select the St. Louis Affiliate and then select the position you are applying for to be prompted to upload your resume.
Equal Opportunity Employer