Position Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Reports To: Controller
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for processing and reconciling invoices, processing employee reimbursements, working with outside vendors, and providing overall administrative management support to the Finance Department.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal ID numbers (W9); scheduling and preparing checks; and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Requests stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; and preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents electronically.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entries and verifying documentation.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus.
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred.
- Ability to track budget expenses.
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Strong data entry and basic mathematical skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Work, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)