Details: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
101 2nd Street
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Manager, Institutional Giving will play a key role in developing and implementing the annual Fundraising Plan to meet the contributed income budget (currently $2 MM) through the solicitation of institutional grants and programmatic event sponsorships.
With institutional funders currently comprising 85% of annual fundraising revenue, the Development Manager will focus on creating compelling and persuasive proposals, sponsorship requests, and supporting documentation that will secure this critical revenue, while actively researching and pursuing new prospective opportunities.
It is expected that the amount raised by Genesys Works – Bay Area will increase in future years as the development team systematically and effectively strengthens the organization's overall fundraising capacity.
Grant Writing and Research (75%)
· Research, prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and sponsorship requests to current and prospective foundation, corporation, and government funders, including all supporting data, documents and financial information.
· Periodically monitor lapsed relationships for renewal opportunities.
· Conduct prospect research; evaluate capacity for funding; and make proposal recommendations to Director of Development.
· Maintain and update comprehensive grants and reporting calendar.
· Maintain easily accessible, up to date files of boilerplate language, statistical data, and supporting research for use in grants and other communications.
Grant Administration and Compliance (15%)
· Ensure compliance with all grant requirements, serving as a resource to the program team in developing implementation plans and processes as needed.
· Work with the development and marketing team to ensure that all corporate sponsorship benefits are fulfilled.
· Generate timely, accurate reports, including required financial documentation, outputs, and/or outcome measures.
· Develop in-depth knowledge of Genesys Works’ programs, along with emerging initiatives and plans for strategic growth, to ensure full understanding and accurate representation when communicating to funders.
· Support the development and marketing team in generating additional written materials as needed, such as annual fund letters, online content, newsletters, giving campaign materials, and other marketing materials.
· Maintain database of funding campaigns and opportunities in Salesforce, and generate reports as required.
· Assist the development and marketing team with special events and general stewardship tasks as needed.
· Perform other duties and special assignments as needed and appropriate.
· Deep belief in organizational mission
· Ability to relate to and work with diverse populations
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 5 years of nonprofit fund development experience required, with demonstrated success in grant fundraising.
· Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills, with a strong background in persuasive grant writing. A professional writing sample will be required to be considered for the position; awarded proposal excerpt preferred.
· Experience in developing proposal-related documentation such as budgets, logic models, and evaluation plans.
· Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Prior experience working with relational databases preferred. Salesforce experience is preferred but not required.
· Knowledge of the Bay Area philanthropic community is preferred.
· Ability to work independently as well as on a team, to take initiative, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
· Must pass a background check.
· A current driver’s license and reliable access to a car.
· Positive, can-do attitude with willingness to flex and adapt as the situation requires.
- 403b with match, health insurance, dental, and vision.
- Vacation: Three weeks of paid vacation in addition to office closure between Christmas and New Years.
- Transportation stipend provided.
- Funds and programs available to support professional development
- Can work out of any of the 3 Bay Area offices: San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required