About Center for Community Research
Center for Community Research (CCR) specializes in the provision of program evaluation, applied research services and prevention services to government and nonprofit organizations, with particular expertise in the fields of substance use prevention and treatment, public health, and social services.
CCR is seeking an Evaluation Research Associate to assist with the planning and implementation of the evaluation of San Diego County's five-year strategic plan for substance abuse prevention. We are looking for someone who is experienced in program evaluation, professional, an excellent communicator and a self-starter. Prior experience in the field of substance use prevention is preferred.
Note: This position is subject to a criminal background check and drug test prior to employment.
- Master’s degree or higher in psychology or an applied social science
- Four or more years of experience conducting evaluation and applied research studies, including experience consulting with government and/or large nonprofits
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Computer proficient (including Microsoft Office, SPSS, internet)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking, analytic and problem-solving skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail and organizational skills a must
- Valid driver’s license and access to own transportation
- Must reside in and/or be able to travel regularly to San Diego
- Maintain regular contact with the County and its contractors and partners
- Participate in county meetings, key committee meetings, and data collection meetings
- Design evaluation plans and data collection instruments
- Coordinate with community agency partners for data-related needs
- Perform and oversee data collection (including but not limited to observations, interviews, focus groups, surveys, document and literature reviews)
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analyses
- Draft evaluation reports and other product deliverables
- Assist with planning and facilitating evaluation and data capacity-building trainings
- Coordinate work with other CCR staff members to ensure project goals are met
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and current resume.