Details: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
1001 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
About Digital Promise Global
Digital Promise Global is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit that aims to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise Global identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise Global is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position
Digital Promise Global is partnering with HP, Inc. and Microsoft, as part of their Reinvent the Classroom initiative, to implement an educator advocacy program which will identify and celebrate schools and educators that exemplify powerful learning with technology. Powerful Learning experiences develop critical thinking and problem solving through authentic, personal and contextually relevant lessons and projects; collaboration skills through teamwork; inquiry through research and meaning-making; and agency as students develop positive identities and thinkers and learners.
The Project Director will be part of the the Learning Experience Design initiative, a portfolio of projects that engage with schools and educators to design learning experiences that empower the next generation of creators and change-makers. Through vital partnerships with schools, as well as researchers, companies, and peer organizations we design and publish resources for practitioners, conduct and share research, and advocate for powerful learning experiences. This position will report to the Director of Learning Experience Design and oversee 1-2 direct reports supporting this project.
- Support development and publication of design principles for powerful learning with technology, including the research that supports each principle, to be used in selection of ambassador schools and educators.
- Collaborate with Educator Micro-credentials team to identify or design relevant stacks of educator micro-credentials that conform to the design principles.
- Develop and monitor ethical guidelines for corporate engagement with public schools and educators as ambassadors.
- Manage the team that will support professional learning, community engagement, and publicity for this project.
- Coordinate activities and manage relationships with key school district and corporation partners.
- Manage project budget.
- Support two public schools who will serve as exemplars of enumerated learning design principles by providing on-demand professional learning and consulting;
- Lead process to identify showcase schools;
- Lead development of school profiles and a 360 video school tour;
- Organize and promote a launch event at each selected school;
- Identify and provide hardware and software to support school programs.
- Support a cohort of 30 teachers from across the USA and Canada that exemplify the best practices of teaching with technology;
- Manage the recruitment, application and selection of the cohort;
- Develop, publish and promote profiles of selected educators;
- Support selected teachers in earning relevant micro-credentials;
- Plan a convening for teacher cohort.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Education Technology, School Leadership or a related field required. Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in education, preferably as a school district administrator and/or technology coach.
- Experience with coaching teachers and schools leaders.
- Project management and leadership experience, working with multiple stakeholders to develop and meet ambitious milestones.
- Experience managing a team preferred, experience managing a geographically dispersed team a plus.
- Experience managing high-value partnerships.
- Ability to travel up to 30% time, as required, to school and district sites and national conferences.
We also seek candidates with:
- A demonstrated commitment to improving education for students, particularly for those who have historically been underserved
- Experience collaborating and communicating with cross-functional team members to ensure information is shared, projects are completed on time, and goals are reached
- Stellar organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions
- Willingness to take initiative and see tasks through to completion
- A passion for education, a team mentality, creativity, and a positive “can-do,” “yes-and” spirit
Benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.