897 Welch Street Southwest
The Andrew P. Stewart Center is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a STEM Kindergarten Classroom Leader in our After School Program. The Stewart Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving children and families in Pittsburgh community of Atlanta. The Center strives to promote strong communities through educational initiatives, spiritual enrichment opportunities, and wellness resources.
We seek exceptional candidates who are confident, passionate, organized, patient, creative, and flexible. He or she must have a passion for kids and strong motivation for serving under-resourced communities.
Our Classroom Leaders provide support to our after school program by:
- leading a group of approximately 10-12 students
- creating a structured, safe, and engaging classroom environment
- building positive relationships with all students
- implementing positive behavior management techniques
- implementing daily Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math lesson plans
- leading and engaging students in academic enrichment opportunities, hands-on experiential projects, community service projects, and other age appropriate activities.
- engaging volunteers in ways that are appropriate for and beneficial to students
- assisting with preparation and clean-up for daily activities
- attending family and community events hosted by Stewart Center
- Able to have fun with kids, but also able to communicate respectfully and confidently to students to provide direction
- Able to verbally communicate with peers, supervisors, and partners
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates punctuality
- Able to prepare lesson plans
- Able to work well with others from diverse backgrounds
- Experience with elementary education/youth development
- Available to serve Monday-Friday, from approximately 3:00pm - 6:30pm
- Actively able and willing to participate in activities
- Passionate about community service
*This position requires you to be able to make a commitment to serve every day of the week, Monday - Friday, from approximately 3:00pm to 6:30pm, excluding school breaks and holidays*
Date Requirements: As early as August 22, 2018 - May 24, 2019
Our after school program follows the Kindezi Schools calendar. There are no programs during school breaks or holidays. See the full calendar here: http://www.kindezi.org/calendar
For more information please visit our website at www.stewartcenter.org.
Minimum Education Required