The CASH (Creating Assets, Savings and Hope) Campaign of Maryland promotes economic advancement for low-to-moderate income individuals and families in Baltimore and across Maryland. CASH accomplishes its mission through operating a portfolio of direct service programs, building organizational and field capacity, and leading policy and advocacy initiatives to strengthen family economic stability. For more information, please visit www.cashmd.org.
The Financial Navigators Program aims to provide a rapid deployment of financial empowerment resources as part of Baltimore County’s emergency response via a phone-based COVID Response program in partnership with the CASH Campaign of Maryland. Navigators will remotely serve residents and help clients navigate critical financial issues and make referrals to other social services and necessary resources. Services to be provided to individual callers will include comprehensive and up-to-date Federal, State and County based government and nonprofit resources, safety net services and financial prioritization guidance.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Participate in training to become proficient with client management database (Compass) and available resources;
· Conduct outbound calls to work directly with clients to assess their needs and select appropriate guidance;
· Select appropriate next steps and referrals from resources identified within Compass;
· Collect data using Compass; and
· Follow required protocol and program requirements.
· Expertise in one of the following required: community organizing, customer support,
social services, coaching/mentoring, teaching, or other related fields
· Knowledge of financial services is beneficial but not required
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Self-motivated and adaptable
· Ability to use a client management database
· Ability to work remotely maintaining a professional environment to conduct private
calls with clients
This is a temporary contractual position for approximately 6-months that will end August 31, 2021 with a potential extension depending on funding. Compensation is $18/hour and working between 20-25 hours per week (and not more than 30 hours/week). Work is expected to occur remotely from Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm, but with the need to occasionally connect with clients during evenings and weekends. Content training will be provided as needed. CASH will provide access to technology for remote work. An Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.
The CASH (Creating Assets, Savings and Hope) Campaign of Maryland promotes economic advancement for low-to-moderate income individuals and families in Baltimore and across Maryland. CASH accomplishes its…