Details: The salary is commensurate with experience.
6868 Distribution Drive
The American Childhood Cancer Organization (ACCO), the largest grassroots childhood cancer non-profit in the U.S. is seeking an energetic self-starter to join our Beltsville office as our Communications and Graphics Specialist. The Communications and Graphic Specialist will work closely with our staff to produce and disseminate web and print materials to educate children with cancer, their families, community stakeholders as well as policymakers. He/she is responsible for using graphic design to create logos, manage and strengthen the organization’s brand as well as create and implement innovative marketing strategies to expand ACCO’s stakeholders. This individual will also work closely with the ACCO team to expand social media using story-telling and other effective strategies to disseminate and grow ACCO’s online community as well as raise awareness of ACCO’s programs, services and campaigns.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and coordinates communication of events, campaigns, messaging, and media (including social media), as well as assisting with the design and updating of ACCO’s website.
· Design logos and graphics as needed by ACCO and its Founding Hope funds
· Expand ACCO’s social media footprint by developing core messages and the use of story-telling strategies to resonate with ACCO’s online audience.
· Design communication materials for ACCO’s campaigns and signature events
· Design and update ACCO website on a regular basis to ensure accuracy and up-to-date content including posting blogs, reports, updating graphics, text etc.
· Create annual communications and social media campaigns to coordinate with secular holidays and September as Childhood Cancer Awareness Month as well as regular posts across multiple platforms
· Perform digital analysis and reporting to measure our online presence
· Create and write content for ACCO’s and its Founding Hope social media pages
· Assist with the creation of handouts, brochures, infographics for reports, appeal letters, print and web-based newsletters, other visual displays as well as childhood cancer data/factsheets
· Participate in office volunteer events
· Assist with the writing of press releases and pitch stories to the media
- Handle incoming media requests, including preparing staff for interviews, and press engagements
- Manage media service vendor relationships
· Other duties as assigned
· BA required (preferably in communications and/or graphic design)
· Exceptional writing and verbal communications skills
· Positive attitude
· Team player
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
· Detail-oriented and committed to accuracy;
· Excellent writing and editing skills;
· Expertise in a variety of software programs (Microsoft, Google, Adobe Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop, Word Press, Constant Contact, Google Analytics, knowledge of Salesforce CRM)
· Excel in graphic design, web site management (Word Press) and original logo design
The organization provides healthcare benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and design samples to: email@example.com