About the Position:
The Development Operations Manager, a key member of the Development Operations team of The Trustees, works closely within the team to help ensure data is accurate, gifts are processed and acknowledged in a timely manner, and reporting and list pull needs are met across the department. Reporting to the Associate Director of Development Operations, the Manager will provide critical support to ensure the department can function to its optimal ability.
Development Department Support:
- Proofs, edits and personalizes donor acknowledgements and related correspondence. The Development Operations Manager helps coordinate top-notch donor recognition with the Major Gifts Team, Chief of Development & Enterprise, President, and other Trustees staff.
- Be the point person for pulling data for other development department needs.
- Work closely with Associate Director of Development Operations to develop lists necessary for Annual Reporting and Acknowledgement.
- Work closely with Research, Analysis and Strategy Manager to develop queries and reports to help identify prospects for the pipeline.
- Produces Meeting Reports and tracks all Development Department Meetings.
Attention to Database Accuracy:
- Supervises the Gift Processor, providing training and support as well as ensuring best practices are followed for the timely and accurate processing of contributions and event processing; suggests and implements procedures for data entry efficiency and clean-up.
- Identify gaps within existing data resources and work with colleagues outside the division to develop processes for data exchange to increase accuracy and thoroughness of data in Raiser’s Edge in order to increase efficiency of fundraising programs.
- Responsible for ensuring database integrity by developing audit reports and implementing cleanup projects.
- Attends Moves Management meetings, and records pipeline, solicitor and other updates in the system to ensure accurate list pulls at all times.
- Recording and maintaining Actions and Notes on records in the database and updating records if obituary notifications are received.
- In collaboration with the Associate Director of Development Operations, designs and generates reports from Crystal Reports for regular departmental reporting needs.
- Develops a list of needs cross-organization for additional reports, and regularly communicates with staff members in the field and at sites in collaboration with the Annual Fund Operations Manager.
- Assists Major Gift Officers and Annual Fund in developing reports, and updated those reports as necessary.
- Be the backup for Donor Relations Specialist, and understand all aspects of gift entry and acknowledgement.
- Responsible for participating in the pool of staff assigned to answering the general organization wide telephone line and providing exemplary customer service to our constituents.
- Develop comprehensive understanding and ability to navigate the underlying structure of the Development database, as well as its connected systems.
- Serve as additional department liaison with Accounting Services and Information Technology.
- Partner with division staff and others to regularly train, mentor, and advise Development professionals and other employees on best practices for gifts and records.
- Verifies the accuracy of information communicated to donors and development staff, and proposes modifications to technical processes that support this service.
- Proactively seek training to continually develop technical skill-set.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite required, experience with the Raiser’s Edge required, experience with Crystal Reports preferred.
- Knowledge of fundraising practices preferred, plus 3-5 years’ experience working in a Development Shop.
- Experience with Convio (Luminate) and Crystal Reports strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage competing deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong focus on customer service and proactive problem resolution.
- Energetic, creative individual with ability to foster a positive work environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work confidentially with staff, volunteers, and donors.
- Experience with Sales Force a plus, but not necessary.
About the Organization:
The Trustees is an organization with a fascinating past and an exciting future. Our places are open to all and we thrive by involving as many people as possible in what we do. Founded in 1891, by a group of visionary volunteers, we preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts and work to protect special places across the state. We have helped protect more than 50,000 acres, including 26,000+ acres on 117 reservations that are all open to the public. We are a nonprofit conservation organization funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 60,000 member households.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Trustees of Reservations aims to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of our team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts, who are at the core of our mission.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.