800 F Street, NW
The International Spy Museum is looking for a top recruit to oversee the Guest Services team at the current F Street location. The new recruit will oversee the daily Museum operation and provide top-notch visitor experiences. They will also supervise the Guest Services team, handle admission administration, direct information services, and manage department and floor operations. The recruit will also handle the transition to the new Museum location at L’Enfant Plaza.
· Lead the Museum’s Guest Services department, to include both the permanent and temporary exhibits and all programming and logistical support associated with both areas. Assist with the development of the operating budget. Create department-wide goals and initiatives.
· Manage the Guest Services supervisory team including lead agents, floor leads, special agents and operatives.
· Resolve customer service issues and ensures the team is providing the best possible visitor experience.
· Manage and coordinate information services, ticketing, crowd flow, and employees in an effort to enhance visitors’ Museum experiences. Develops and implements departmental policies, procedures and practices.
· Develop a competent, well-trained, properly structured and highly motivated staff capable of achieving Guest Services goals. Establish and communicate performance standards and goals and provide staff with timely, constructive feedback. Provide coaching, counseling, and technical information to ensure a knowledgeable and skilled staff. Coordinate staff activities and fosters collaborative efforts across departments.
· Recruit, interview, and train Guest Services team. Hire competent and capable employees who can “wow” guests and colleagues.
· Coordinate and communicate with other departments. Manage the logistics and operation support for group arrivals, finalization of group arrivals, scavenger hunts, birthday parties, speaker series, public programming, zip code capture, etc. when these specialized responsibilities are a part of the Guest Services department.
· Manage scheduling needs of the Guest Services department ensuring scheduling matches projected attendance. Manage inventory to ensure availability for projected attendance.
· Prepare and maintain reports on guest issues and concerns, employee attendance and disciplinary, cash handling, equipment functionality, and other departmental activities. Recommend improvement/changes as needed.
· Co-manages ticketing area to include ticketing system, both in-house and on-line. Works with IT to ensure equipment is in good order. Provide accurate accounting information of daily sales and attendance and the information desk. Coordinate the safe and secure exchange of monies with the armored car service.
· Co-direct staff recruitment and training of Operation Birthday Cake, Scavenger Hunts, and Operation Spy. Participate in Museum-wide orientation programs. Handle customer service training and workshops for the team.
· Willing to perform other duties as assigned.
Full benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for the Guest Services Manager mission, please submit a resume and cover letter answering the following mission question in the cover letter:
· As a team leader, how have you brought fun/excitement to the work place while maintaining a professional work environment?
Please send the cover letter and resume to email@example.com.