60 Lincoln Center Plaza
The Data Manager manages the Raiser’s Edge database with the Director of Development Operations and the Development Operations Associate. This position responds to data requests, pulls data files for major appeals, mailings and invitations, makes global changes and updates to the system, conducts various data integrity projects, and oversees the quality control on gifts and records. Additionally, this position works closely with colleagues in Development, Public Affairs, IT, and Finance.
- Manages large data pulls from Raiser’s Edge for appeals, mailings and invitations, checking the data queue on a daily basis and fulfilling data requests in a timely manner.
- With the Development Operations Associate, manages the gift processing and receipting of all gifts and the reporting of gifts to Finance; answers questions from Finance regarding gifts.
- In the absence of the Development Operations Associate, processes and receipts gifts.
- Helps to implement a centralized tax receipt for the Office of Development and Public Affairs, working with the Director of Development Operations and Development Operations Associate.
- Imports multiple data files from Colleague, the school-wide database, into Raiser’s Edge, the alumni and donor database, using Import-O-Matic.
- Serves as the primary contact in the management of data in Patron Manager, Juilliard’s ticketing system
- Runs quarterly national change of address (NCOA) updates, manages other data enrichment services, and handles global changes to the database.
- Creates and updates event registration pages and online donation forms in Blackbaud NetCommunity.
- Conducts database clean-up projects related to duplicate and incomplete records and the consistency of data in records.
- With the Director of Development Operations and Development Operations Associate, develops and implements policies and procedures for gift processing and record maintenance.
- Trains staff members on Raiser’s Edge to encourage proper usage of the system.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have prior experience with Blackbaud’s The Raiser’s Edge.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of systems experience in fundraising.
- Must have proficiency using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Expertise in queries, global changes, imports, exports, and reports.
- Background in gift processing, analysis, and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with a strong ability and desire to work collaboratively with colleagues across Development, Public Affairs, IT, and other departments as required.
- Experience with Import-O-Matic, Crystal Reports, and Blackbaud NetCommunity, or similar products preferred.
- Experience with Patron Manager, SalesForce or comparable programs a plus.
- Maturity of judgment, high level of accuracy, and close attention to detail, when managing various data driven projects helpful.
- Strong ethical sense to handle sensitive donor information appropriately helpful.
- Organized and deadline oriented with a proven track record at delivering results preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Juilliard School has an ongoing commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusiveness throughout the community and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of the School's administration.