Details: Excel provides a competitive compensation package that includes benefits and is commensurate with experience.
401 Bremen Street
Organization: Excel Academy Charter Schools
Job Title: High School Operations Manager
Campus/Location: Excel Academy Charter High School (East Boston)
Reports to: Dean of Operations
Excel Academy Charter Schools is a growing network of high-performing charter schools dedicated to closing the achievement gap in the Boston area. The network currently operates three middle schools in East Boston and Chelsea and it launched its first high school in fall 2015. For 6 years in a row, Excel 8th graders have been the top performers of all 450 Massachusetts public district and charter schools on the MCAS exams. The high school is building upon Excel Academy’s track record of success by providing a free college-preparatory high school option for all Excel middle school graduates.
About the Role
Excel Academy High School, which opened in fall 2015, is seeking a strong Operations Manager who will work closely with the Dean of Operations to manage and oversee all aspects of school operations. As the school continues to grow to full-scale, the team is seeking a systems-driven problem-solver who will be critical to building and executing on new and existing operational systems. The Operations Manager is a full-time, year-round position that reports to the Dean of Operations and serves as a member of the school’s Operations Team. The Operations Manager provides administrative support, systems-thinking, project management, and vendor relationships skills to ensure the school runs smoothly and manages key aspects of school operations. The ideal candidate for this role will have at least 2-3 years of administrative and project management experience or 1-2 years of teaching experience, preferably in an urban public or charter school setting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and manage vendor relationships (e.g., transportation, custodial, nutrition, facilities);
- Oversee maintenance of classroom technology (e.g., projectors, document cameras, Chromebooks);
- Manage daily facility operations including preventative maintenance, minor repairs, and regular fire drills and safety drills, facility organization and cleanliness;
- Design, manage, and execute on both new and existing operational systems to ensure the school runs and grows smoothly, with support from the Dean of Operations. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining accurate and detailed data systems to drive operational efficiency and student achievement;
- Managing the operations and quality of the school’s nutrition program;
- Managing school supplies and storage;
- Managing purchasing, finances, and bookkeeping;
- Manage logistics and materials for standardized testing and interim assessments;
- Planning and executing on logistics of school events (e.g., field trips);
- Managing transportation (e.g., busing, MBTA);
- Managing student recruitment and enrollment efforts;
- Work closely with school leadership to support initiatives and special projects;
- Serve as a productive member of Excel’s Operations Team; and
- Serve as a productive member of the Excel Community.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required;
- The ability to speak Spanish is preferred, but not required;
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience, preferably administrative and project management or teaching in an urban public or charter school setting.
- Systematic and structured approach to project management with a demonstrated ability to carry out multiple projects in parallel;
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders including staff, parents, vendors effectively;
- The ability to focus and thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and the willingness and desire to support others in doing their best work;
- Fluency in working with Microsoft Excel and Google documents is preferred, but not required;
- An entrepreneurial spirit that reflects an openness to grow, a willingness to problem-solve, and an interest in developing new ideas & program;
- A customer-service orientation that creates a supportive environment to students, families, and staff members;
- A commitment to working with underserved urban youth; and
- An unwavering commitment to and belief in the mission of Excel Academy Charter Schools, including Excel’s values and educational model.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit http://www.excelacademy.org/join-our-team/ to learn more about working at Excel, and/or visit http://jobs.jobvite.com/excel to view a current list of career opportunities and submit an application. Applications will be reviewed as they are received; candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Excel Academy Charter Schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or a foreign language or prior academic achievement.