75 Varick Street
We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Associate, Educational Programs and Events to support the diffusion practice at HITLAB. This includes supporting design and execution of educational workshops, conferences, seminars, product launches and healthcare salons. The Associate will be responsible for supporting programmatic and logistical components across HITLAB’s events and educational programs. Some of the logistical duties include vendor management, communications with speakers and special guests, coordination with exhibitors/partners, marketing and social media assistance, website maintenance, managing and tracking event invitations and registrations, meeting coordination and note taking, and handling general event inquiries, among other responsibilities.
· High-quality, professional customer service to all stakeholders.
· Communications and recruitment of speakers and special guests.
· Coordination with exhibitors and partners.
· Marketing and social media assistance.
· Event website maintenance.
· Managing and tracking event invitations and registrations.
· Assist the manager with vendor management and payments.
· Meeting coordination and note taking.
· Handling general event inquiries and correspondences.
· Benchmarking and data collecting.
· Manage details around the HITLAB World Cup, including the application process and finalist logistics.
· Other administrative tasks relating to event and program management.
· Weekly Seminar Series management.
· Must feel comfortable on the phone with industry leaders.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· 3+ years of experience in planning/marketing/ promoting/producing events within a corporate environment or agency.
· Experience with event platforms such as C-vent, Splash etc.
· Experience with email marketing platforms such as Mail chimp.
· Experience with website content management systems such as WordPress, Squarespace etc.
· Strong knowledge of social media marketing.
· The ideal candidate should possess strong ethics, motivation, professionalism and accountability.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· High initiative and interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage collaboratively with all levels of personnel and work independently.
· Ability to comprehend and act on assignments of varying complexity.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word). Advanced proficiency in Excel is preferred.
· Strong knowledge of technology, including internet research, website portal management, and databases.
· Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines is essential.
· Public Relations/communications/media relations experience is a plus
· Healthcare and Technology industry experience is a plus.
Salary: In the range of $55-62 K depending on experience. We offer a fun, friendly and academic work environment with great employee perks!
Interested candidates should email their resume, letter of interest explicitly stating fit with the position requirements, and contact information for three references. For more information please visit www.hitlab.org
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hitlab.org
HITLAB is an equal opportunity employer.
Why work at HITLAB?
HITLAB is an exciting place to work. At the forefront of cutting-edge biomedical and public health innovation, our teams explore complex and interesting problems that require urgent solutions and have high impact on global healthcare access and delivery. Team sizes are small and offer numerous leadership opportunities. Diversity is at the heart of our value system and work process, which makes for a rich learning environment. The nature of our mission ensures that our teams push boundaries of skill and knowledge, so they continue to grow throughout their tenure at HITLAB. Come join our team of people driven by collaboration, impact, and innovation
Minimum Education Required