The Development Operations Associate supports managing data operations and procedures in development systems including Salesforce, Engaging Networks, Stripe and others. The major focus of this position is providing support and training to end-users for our systems and reporting. This position will also monitor, review and identify challenge areas, logging and reporting issues with IT and at times third party vendors. This position will be based in the United States and is open to candidates in California, Colorado, Florida, Maryland, Nevada, New York, Virginia, and Washington. This position will report to the Global Business Operations Manager based in San Francisco.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and respond to support requests in CRM; manage, resolve and/or assign Chatter to appropriate staff members on the DevOps team, respond to requests from Development, Marketing and Communications and Accounting, and provide solutions to user problems, working with other team members when necessary, to ensure user satisfaction and productivity.
- Assist with Report requests for users, in addition to assisting users in gaining capacity in reporting skills.
- Maintain CRM data quality and inventory checks in Salesforce. Identifying internal and external errors, testing and trouble-shooting; provide support to markets.
- Manage User Profiles in both Salesforce and Engaging Networks. Deactivate Users as they leave Room to Read and set up Users with new accounts when they join. Manage permissions sets, app permissions, and troubleshoot and solve any permissions issues as needed. Ensure users have the dashboards and reports they need to get up and running.
- Ensure training programs are up to date and relevant based on job function, always with an eye towards incorporating screenshots and video components for long term sustainability, evergreen resources and ease of use for staff.
- Maintain all training libraries for both DevOps and GBO more generally, organizing all videos and resources so they’re easy to access for users.
- Perform on-going training for staff including documenting new processes, updating training manuals and working with full DevOps and IT teams on roll out, as needed.
- Serve as the main Engaging Networks point of contact on the team, working closely with Marketing and Communications to set up campaigns correctly before they go live.
- Serve as the main point person for iniating refunds in the Engaging Networks system and ensure consistency across Stripe and Salesforce.
- Work closely with the chapter and event staff to ensure efficient processes are in place and documented for events. Responsible for the support, testing, and deployment of event products that help the chapter and event staff have what they need to engage event attendees and chapter volunteers in effective and personal ways.
- Import and update FX rates on a monthly basis with information provided by accounting
- Conduct additional imports on as needed basis for mass data cleanup, as necessary, such as stakeholder engagement imports.
- Provide assistance with gift processing during periods of increased volume in donations.
- Other tasks as necessary.
- Minimum of 3-7 years of work experience, with at least 2 years of relevant work experience in nonprofit organizations with database experience, specifically Salesforce
- Analytical and critical thinking skills required.
- Strong customer relationship skills, consensus and ability to establish effective working relationships in a diverse environment.
- Proven ability to thrive in a detail-oriented, fast-paced, growth-oriented environment while maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines and simultaneously taking initiative.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefits and a 401K match. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
Global Office - Main - San Francisco
Global Office - New York
Global Office - Remote - United States
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled