The Director of Audience Services works to ensure an excellent patron experience; oversees front of house operations for the Wisconsin Union Theater, directs ticketing services provided through Campus Arts Ticketing and fosters and maintains strong working relationships with several campus Arts departments and programs. This position reports to the Wisconsin Union Theater Director and supervises the Box Office Manager and the Campus Arts Ticketing Web Administrator (two full-time permanent positions), one House Manager (temporary employee position), and 40+ student employees who make up box office and patron services staff. The Director of Audience Services supports student learning by mentoring and teaching students about the front-of-house and ticketing operations of the Theater.
Campus Arts Ticketing is a service provided for the university by the Wisconsin Union Theater. The Wisconsin Union Theater typically hosts more than 300 events annually, through its own presentation and through rentals, and provides ticketing support to more than 200 events at several campus locations.
Position includes comparable duties for and during virtual events including audience engagement through streaming platform's chat function, customer service online and over the phone, providing access to events through secure links, etc.
Bachelor's degree required and master's degree preferred ideally in arts administration, management, business administration or communication or related field.
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Three to five years of experience in supervisor role within a performing arts organization including overseeing front-of-house operations, ticketing services/box office and experience working with, and supervising university students preferred.
* Knowledge and experience working with ticketing services; ticketing software, customer relations management, financial management, accounting procedures, subscription sales, group sales, PCI compliance and staff training.
* Knowledge and experience of AudienceView ticketing platform.
* Experience in front-of-house operations including developing procedures, emergency preparedness, and accessibility.
* Impeccable customer service and communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct employees including university students.
* Ability to teach, mentor and coach student employees and interns.
* Computer hardware and software experience including use of spreadsheets, word processing and data management.
* Understanding of donor stewardship, management of development activities and corporate sponsorship.
* Ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced work environment.
* A flexible schedule and willingness to manage and adjust personal schedules to accommodate the needs of the Theater's program.
See more information and apply online at https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/509517/director-of-audience-services
The Director of Audience Services works to ensure an excellent patron experience; oversees front of house operations for the Wisconsin Union Theater, directs ticketing services provided through Campus Arts Ticketing and fosters and…