Details: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Position Announcement: DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration (AFTD), based in Radnor, PA, seeks applicants to fill the critical position of Development Manager. AFTD is a globally recognized 501(c)3 nonprofit devoted to providing help and hope for families facing frontotemporal degeneration (FTD), the most common dementia for people under 60. Established in 2002, AFTD has grown rapidly to a staff of 20, with a strong Board of Directors, a highly respected Medical Advisory Council, and a strongly-engaged national network of volunteers. AFTD provides support to thousands of people with FTD and their care partners, while directing over half of its $5M+ budget to funding scientific research targeting this disease.
AFTD seeks a highly motivated and organized development professional to sustain and help expand a robust fundraising program. Reporting to the Director of Development & Communications, s/he will manage: individual giving (including annual campaigns), corporate and foundation fundraising, AFTD’s donor database and fundraising metrics, donation processing and acknowledgement, and the expansion of the organization’s digital fundraising. The Development Manager will supervise the work of AFTD’s Development Assistant, and serve as a key resource meeting the needs of AFTD’s expanding community by connecting donors with opportunities to make a difference in people’s lives.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, marketing, communications, and/or donor database management; experience with direct donor solicitation is preferred;
• Minimum two years of supervisory experience—along with a professional, engaging, and collaborative management style;
• Proven ability to cultivate and foster productive relationships with a geographically disparate community of volunteers, Board members, care partners, people with FTD, scientists, and funders;
• Exceptional skills in organization and time management, with the ability to manage concurrent projects and priorities while focusing on results;
• Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis, report generation, and quality improvement;
• Keen attention to detail and accountability;
• Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation along with a willingness to embrace new challenges;
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills as well as interpersonal skills;
• Awareness of fundraising best practices and evolving trends in philanthropy;
• Ability to travel overnight occasionally;
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
The position offers health, life and std/ltd benefits and a retirement savings plan with an employer match.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a résumé, cover letter, and salary expectations in an email titled, “DEVELOPMENT MANAGER” to: email@example.com.
For initial consideration, please submit applications by November 5, 2018.
No telephone calls, please.
AFTD is an equal opportunity employer.