3912 Georgia Ave., NW
- The Outreach & Registration Specialist is part of the outreach team at Briya Public Charter School — a leading two-generation and workforce education program serving adults and immigrant parents and their young children in Washington, D.C. Briya is a Tier One Public Charter School, consistently achieving the highest educational outcomes through its innovative, family-centric programming.
- At Briya, adults acquire English, digital literacy, and parenting skills, with some continuing on to the school’s workforce development programs. At the same time, their young children attend Briya’s high-quality early childhood program. Briya's workforce programs include the Medical Assistant and Child Development Associate Programs. Registrations for the workforce programs take place in the evenings from 6:00-9:00. The Outreach & Registration Specialist will have a flex schedule with some days being a daytime schedule and some days being an evening schedule.
- Briya has a strategic partnership with Mary’s Center, a Federally Qualified Health Center, further strengthening student families with comprehensive medical, dental, and social services. At three of its four campuses, Briya is co-located with Mary’s Center, and many Briya students are recruited through referrals from Mary’s Center staff.
- The Outreach & Registration Specialist is key in recruiting adult and early childhood students to Briya and ensuring that the student registration process runs smoothly. The specialist will work closely with staff members in various Mary’s Center programs to maintain strong referral relationships, as well as doing outreach at local public schools, community organizations, and businesses that serve Briya’s student population.
- The Outreach & Registration Specialist position may include, but is not limited to, the following tasks and responsibilities:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take calls and questions regarding registration and eligibility from prospective students. Ensure all prospective students meet enrollment criteria including proof of DC residency.
- Return calls of all interested candidates within 1-3 days of contacting Briya to provide them information, answer questions, and give them appointments for an information session. Call anyone you have not reached at different times of the day.
- Schedule information sessions on a regular basis. Send reminder texts or e-mails to participants about the information session the day before and/or the day of as needed.
- Facilitate the workforce information sessions. Keep track of attendance. Follow-up on any questions you are unable to answer during the information session.
- Enter new leads for prospective students and data regarding the registration process into the Student Information System. Keep up-to-date.
- Schedule appointments for testing for prospective students who qualify for the program. Send reminder texts or e-mails the day before the appointment and the day of as needed. Reschedule students as needed. Keep track of the number of times students reschedule and late arrivals.
- Schedule and conduct interviews and panel interviews as needed.
- Schedule and conduct registrations and orientation sessions for students who have been accepted into the program.
- Collect proof of residency, resumes, high school diplomas, health forms, background checks, and any other documents required for entry into the workforce programs. Complete the Home Visit Residency Verification Form provided by the Office of the State Superintendent of Education to provide proof of residency as needed.
- Reserve rooms and prepare materials for information sessions, testing, interviews, registrations, and induction ceremonies.
- Coordinate all activities with the Registration and Outreach team. For workforce specific activities, coordinate with workforce Coordinators and staff.
- Collaborate with administrative coordinators to ensure that all workforce classes meet enrollment numbers by the beginning of class and before the October count deadline as needed.
- Assist the Communications Team in the creation and disbursement of recruitment materials annually. Ensure promotional materials are prepared and available at all sites.
- Work with the Communications Team to create promotional web content for Briya’s website and Facebook page, as well as to develop standardized e-mail formats to be sent to partners throughout the year.
- Attend Mary’s Center and community events (ex. schools, organizations, education fairs) to do outreach. Track the effectiveness of events attended.
- Visit Briya classes across all sites to provide information about the workforce programs to students. Give flyers to students for them to give to their friends and family.
- Organize and attend special events at Briya in collaboration with the Communications team and Outreach & Registrations team (e.g., BFF Day, Open Houses).
- Keep track of how students heard about Briya. Maintain data about effectiveness of outreach methods.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings, training and retreats.
The Outreach & Registration Specialist must have the following knowledge, skills and/or abilities.
Education and/or Experience –
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, education, training, social work, human relations, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience in education and/or management preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out moderately complex, multi-step instructions and make appropriate independent decisions as necessary.
- Physical Demands – Regularly required standing, walking, and sitting, sometimes for many hours at a time; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear; must be able to lift objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment – Mostly in a typical office and classroom setting with quiet to moderate noise level.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required