Educational Alliance, a 128 year old New York institution, is a vibrant, dynamic organization serving New Yorkers from all walks of life. We serve everyone regardless of the language they speak, where they come from, or their socioeconomic status. We believe that everyone should have a chance to live a better life and that arts and culture, education, health and wellness, and social services can help lay that foundation.
The 14th Street Y, part of Educational Alliance, is a vibrant community center grounded in the belief that contemporary Jewish sensibilities can be a source of inspiration, connection and learning for the individuals and families we serve throughout New York City’s East Village and beyond. With a health and wellness center, education and enrichment programs, and innovative arts and cultural programming, the Y is committed to the development of the whole person and bettering people’s lives by strengthening family connections and building inclusive and sustainable communities.
Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing and working closely the Graphic Designer and Business Development and Marketing Associate. The Social Media Coordinator will write, review, and edit marketing material and coordinate social media activities for the organization. This person will play a pivotal role in executing and refining the 14th Street Y’s social presence and build online communities to create integrated marketing campaigns ensuring consistency in voice and brand.
SCOPE OF INFLUENCE
- Direct client group: Social users of the 14th Street Y, Marketing team members, programmatic departments
- Collaboration with other 14Y programs and 14Y leadership team
- Occasional collaboration with Educational Alliance Development & Communications departments
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Social Media Planning & Coordination (70%)
- Understand the goals, audiences, and messages for various marketing campaigns and creating copy as required.
- Participate in the conceptualization, creation, and marketing of campaigns, projects, and community events that support 14Y programs and goals.
- Facilitate in the development of content and impactful stories relevant to specific target audiences for dissemination across appropriate 14Y channels
- Participate in the planning and maintenance of the organizational content calendar and ensuring consistent messaging across all external digital channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, the 14Y website, and email marketing.
- Work closely with colleagues across the organization to develop and post content to social networking sites.
Social Media Planning & Coordination (70%) continued
- Coordinate the response strategy to social media inquiries about online activities ensuring we are responding in a timely and courteous fashion.
- Identify and help cultivate social media influencers that could result in discounts for 14Y members, PR opportunities, and help boost 14Y brand awareness
Insights Analysis, Monitoring, and Reporting (20%)
- Monitor social media groups, trends, tools, and applications and recommend actions/next steps.
- Monitor and engage in brand related online conversations.
- Regularly report insights gained from social media monitoring to internal and external stakeholders.
- Use creative thinking and initiative to analyze site performance metrics and make recommendations on content, site design or features to improve effectiveness of web content and/or applications.
Administrative Support (10%)
- May require support to other team members on online promotions (such as WordPress, Google, AdWords campaigns and email marketing).
- Support processing social media channel advertisement purchases.
- Attend meetings, trainings and professional development sessions as required.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Marketing/Communications, Arts, or Community Relations strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, be highly detail oriented, handle high pressure of meeting tight deadlines, strong project management and organization skills.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a copywriter or social media coordinator.
- Web publishing experience preferred.
- Experience managing communications through website planning, management and production.
- Professional, hard-working, team player who works collaboratively with peers, creative and dynamic self-starter.
- Available to be “On Call” for occasional questions on some evenings and weekends as it relates to the role.
- Proven professional experience using MS Office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), social media platforms and tools, such as Hootsuite, familiarity with Google Analytics and Social Analytics Tools.
Role Key Competencies
- Planning and Organizing
- Team Player
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Educational Alliance takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance
Minimum Education Required