247 West 37th Street
JASA is one of New York’s largest and most trusted agencies serving older adults. Our goal is to keep seniors living safely in their own homes and communities with independence, dignity, and joy.
JASA is looking for a committed individual with a digital content background and strong attention to detail to work with our development & communications team. The Communications Associate reports to the Director of Communications and provides support by performing a variety of administrative tasks, with opportunities for creating social media content and website content.
- Develop social media strategic plan, with responsibility for writing content, posting, and engagement
- Manage online communications activities, including the organization’s website, e-communications, and marketing pieces, etc.
- Help build audience share through outreach and social media integration.
- Work with the team to convert the organization’s social media followers into program participants and donors.
- Collect and analyze metrics to determine the effectiveness of social media content.
- Report, research, fact check, and write other content as needed
- Update monthly web content
- Develop and coordinate press coverage reports, helping draft and circulate summaries of weekly press hits.
- Schedule communications team meetings and meeting with PR team
- Perform other editorial and administrative tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-3 years of experience, including internships, in the communications field, preferably in an advocacy, political/social campaign, and/or a nonprofit environment;
- Demonstrated experience employing social media analytics to develop and evaluate public education, advocacy, and fundraising social media and email campaigns
- Experience developing social media content, including original material, shared material, and current news stories
- Excellent written and verbal communications, including editing skills.
- Highly proactive, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, able to follow detailed instructions
- Proven ability to multitask successfully and meet deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel), Google experience preferred
- Basic knowledge and familiarity with Adobe programs
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing environment
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Organization and project management experience
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and represent JASA’s position in a news-driven atmosphere
- Video and audio editing skills are highly desirable
- Interest in issues of health and/or aging preferred
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSE OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.