District of Columbia
The Every Child Ready Adult Learning Developer is responsible for creating and facilitating professional learning for instructional staff in early childhood settings. The Adult Learning Developer will create, facilitate, and manage training resources for AppleTree Institute staff members. These responsibilities require extensive project management, concise written and oral communication, cross-team coordination, and relationship building.
The Adult Learning Developer reports to the Director of Curriculum and Content and works within the Teaching and Learning Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works in close collaboration with the production team, particularly the Instructional Systems Designer/E-Learning Specialist, to develop online courses.
- Collaborates with implementation team on professional development needs and resources. Provides professional development to implementation team to support implementation of workshops.
- Provides support to coaches in finding existing presentations and resources upon request.
- Develops and maintain professional development packages that can be turnkeyed by instructional staff, which may include site-based professional learning workshops, extended Professional Learning community [PLC] workbooks, and reflection activities.
- Co-designs a revision process with the Instructional Systems Designer/E-Learning Specialist to create and modify professional learning content based on end-user needs.
- Creates and facilitate Train-the-Trainer professional learning content and/or workshops for the Every Child Ready network.
- Facilitates and/or generally support annual instructional leader and teacher training during summer months and quarterly Every Child Ready meetings.
- Maintains and curate database of research articles and other literature used for coursework and professional learning content development.
- Provides adult learning and/or content subject matter expertise across AIQ programs.
- Supports grant writing and general dissemination, as requested.
- Manages compliance review process, including IACET 1-2013 Standard, OSSE-TAP and others as needed.
- Visits schools and/or site-based sessions to assess professional learning needs.
- Apply adult learning theory to develop innovative learning and development solutions.
- Must be able to map project completion and manage multiple priorities.
- Comfortably work independently or with group collaboration and coordination.
- Maintain subject matter expertise with evolving priorities.
- Effective problem solver and predictive thinker.
- Develop positive and collaborative relationships related to adult learning theory with Every Child Ready partner schools (i.e. AppleTree Schools, @AppleTree, and ECR Network Partners) by regularly visiting classrooms across the Every Child Ready Network.
- Demonstrate mastery of the application of multiple data sources to ensure high-quality adult learning experiences.
- Demonstrate strong writing skills.
Contributes to a community of practice
Attend meetings as needed.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively and lead teams.
- Respects confidentiality.
- Demonstrates punctuality, good attendance, and professionalism for all duties.
- Maintain cooperative, respectful and supportive relationships with colleagues.
- Effectively use time and resources.
- Master’s degree in early childhood education, elementary education, special education, curriculum and instruction, or a closely related field.
- More than five years of experience in education, with three to five years of classroom teaching included.
- Active CLASS PK observer certification preferred.
- Experience leading early childhood teaching and learning outside of the classroom, experience with ECR preferred.
- Experience with coaching or facilitating learning for adults is required, with classroom-based instructional coaching experience preferred.
- Proficiency in GSuite, Asana, Microsoft Office, and willingness to learn new technology platforms required.
- Travel to school-sites in Washington, DC metro area, national conference, and other events required. Travel will not exceed 10-20% of time.
The preceding description is not designed to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the Every Child Ready Adult Learning Developer.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with education and experience, including excellent benefits.
- Some telecommute work possible
- Flexible work hours
- Collaborative work environment
- Competitive health care and dental benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Commitment to Diversity
At AppleTree, we endeavor to foster an environment where each person’s true self and experience is welcome. We believe that only with a diverse and inclusive environment can you truly celebrate and support all students, families, and staff. Our commitment to diversity is founded on the belief that our community is strengthened by the vibrant exchange that occurs when individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, and heritages share their various perspectives with one another.
To apply, please send a letter of interest and resume or curriculum vitae to Kelly Trygstad at email@example.com. Please include “Every Child Ready Adult Learning Developer” in the subject line of the email.