TITLE: Office Manager
DEPARTMENT: Finance & Administration
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance & Administration
SUMMARY: The Office Manager is responsible for key office management functions that impact both the staff and member experience visiting our building.
REMOTE WORK: This position will primarily be on site at 16 Beacon Street
DIRECT REPORTS: Facilities Coordinator
- Manage day to day office operations with staff, vendors, and service providers.
- Implement critical building and safety procedures including opening and closing procedures; evacuation drills and building security. Oversee cyclical building system tests and coordinate vendor visits.
- Manage maintenance and repairs for building and office equipment via vendor management.
- Implement office policies and procedures to guide the operation of the office and recommend new policies and procedures, as necessary.
- Oversee key processes around the management of Justworks the organization’s Professional Employer Organization (PEO) outsourced HR solution. This includes assisting with onboarding, bi-weekly timesheet approval, and connecting staff to Justworks support resources, and offboarding. You do not need to be an HR professional to thrive in this role.
- Maintain administrative and HR files, according to appropriate regulations and policies.
- Coordinate personnel recruitment efforts, including scheduling interviews and conducting new employee orientations.
- Plan staff events, meeting, and update staff calendars.
- Communicate with staff to ensure that employees have information about office policies and procedures and information relevant to office operations.
- Ensure that a sufficient inventory of office and meeting supplies is on hand. Order new supplies and keep stock organized.
- Supervise and lead the functions of the Facilities Coordinator.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 2 -5 years of experience in office management
- Proven ability to build strong and successful relationships to effectively support and help colleagues
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, poise, tact, and diplomacy to accomplish work objectives
- Must be goal oriented, with good verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
All application materials, including resume and cover letter, must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this role.
The BBA expects all directors and managers to meet its standards of practice and performance as outlined below:
Leadership and Strategy Development
- development as a manager and a leader, and willingness to take initiative to assume new responsibilities
- ability to anticipate problems and develop and implement solutions
- development and implementation of strategic goals to provide direction for the department/organization
- good judgment, especially in dealings with volunteers and leadership
- understanding of how diversity and inclusion contribute to organizational goals
Teamwork/ Project Management
- integrity and high work standards
- willingness to collaborate with and support others and share information, ideas and credit
- effectiveness in building teams
- effectiveness, accuracy and completeness of written work product
- responsiveness and strength of follow through
- internal reporting and budget management, including responsiveness to other departments
- coaching, mentoring and management of other staff
- positive behavior, attitude, and actions, including punctuality, adaptability, accessibility, reliability and flexibility
- self-awareness, sensitivity and respect of others
This job description is intended only to provide general guidance. It is understood that the position may evolve over time, and that additional or different duties may be added at management’s discretion. It is the policy of the BBA/F to review and update job descriptions annually however updates or revisions may occur within a given year as indicated.