DAWN Center for Independent Living, a disability rights agency, seeks a highly motivated, enthusiastic, outgoing self-starter to provide care management and advocacy services to individuals with disabilities residing in Northern NJ.
DAWN Center for Independent Living seeks an enthusiastic, motivated team member to coordinate services and provide care management to families enrolled in New Jersey’s Early Intervention System (NJEIS). Successful candidate must be able to multitask and quickly transition from meetings at family’s homes to paperwork duties at the office. Job requires travel within Morris/Sussex Counties and candidate must have a dependable means of transportation. Salary commensurate with experience.
The mission of NJEIS is to enhance the capacity of families to meet the developmental and health-related needs of children, birth through age three, who have delays or disabilities. The Service Coordinator works with the family and the team of EI practitioners to create an Individualized Family Service Plan, set goals for the child, assign services by the practitioners, and monitor the progress of the child.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in a social services field (social work, psychology, etc.);
· At least 1 year of documented professional work experience with children and families (post degree);
· Working knowledge of developmental disabilities and/or knowledge of infant and early childhood development;
· Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other EI team members, children who have developmental delays and their families, and the general public;
· Ability to efficiently facilitate team meetings with families and other professionals;
· Ability to effectively organize work, establish priorities and complete assigned duties with minimal supervision;
· Possess strong and effective spoken and written communication skills and be able to express self with a professional demeanor and presentation;
· Ability to maintain compliance with NJEIS policy and procedures, and adherence to established deadlines and benchmarks;
· Strong team player willing to take direction, initiate business activities and work with management staff and peers;
· Ability to cope with moderate to high levels of stress;
· Experience using Microsoft office package 2010 and ability to effectively use technology in the field as provided by agency.
DAWN Center for Independent Living, a disability rights agency, seeks a highly motivated, enthusiastic, outgoing self-starter to provide care management and advocacy services to individuals with disabilities…
Full time position, Monday through Friday. Mileage reimbursement is provided. Professional development and continued learning opportunities offered. Benefits include employer sponsored health benefits, paid time off, sick days and paid holidays. Employee access to group rates for optional vision, dental, and life insurance benefits and 401k retirement plan. Job contingent upon proof of a valid driver license and proof of auto insurance coverage limits of at least $100,000 / $300,000.
DAWN Center for Independent Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full time position, Monday through Friday. Mileage reimbursement is provided. Professional development and continued learning opportunities offered. Benefits include…
Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Detailed cover letter and resume required for application to be complete. Resumes must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 973-625-1942. No phone calls.