Text Team Coordinator
Full-time • 12-Week Position • Starts ASAP • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in Continental U.S.
MoveOn.org’s team of campaigners and organizers identify, develop, and execute high-impact and game-changing campaigns that empower MoveOn members to achieve concrete victories and further a progressive agenda. We are looking for a Text Team Manager who will specialize in scalable organizing through innovative use of the latest peer-to-peer SMS technology and a team of savvy and committed MoveOn volunteer members--the Text Team.
We’re seeking a passionate, inventive, collaborative colleague to expand the team in the critical fights that are already beginning in this new political era. The Text Team Coordinator will work closely with MoveOn’s mobile, electoral, and analysis teams, and will report to MoveOn’s Mobile Innovation Director.
Our country is facing a unique threat from Trump, his bigoted, destructive, and corrupt politics, and the Republicans who control Congress. We’ll need to oppose and resist Trump’s agenda in Washington, defend and support frontline communities facing attacks both from his vicious policies and from an increase in hate crimes and harassment, and lay the groundwork for electoral victories.
MoveOn.org is a community of millions of members working together to create progressive change in America. We take on campaigns to challenge entrenched power and push back against right-wing policies, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice.
- You will quickly become an expert at Spoke, our MoveOn-maintained open-source peer-to-peer texting tool, and use it to directly aid in our membership growth
- You will assist in recruiting, training, and managing a team of super-volunteers who constitute the Text Team’s onboarding team, chat moderators, data support, and other specialized roles.
- You will participate in a collaborative editing culture to craft our best campaigns.
- You will drive a data-informed program with metrics
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in volunteer team management
- Strong writing skills for a popular audience
- Ability to parse and re-organize spreadsheets quickly using formulas Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or similar spreadsheet software
- Nimbleness and organization to execute multiple campaigns simultaneously.
- Attention to detail in writing and composition
- A team spirit, or the ability to work together with an attitude of “low ego, high output,” trusting each other, communicating honestly, and pitching in on across projects
Nice to have:
- Experience with field or community organizing
- Proficiency in Slack
- Ability to understand database schema and write database queries
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the continental United States.
Reports to: Mobile Innovation Director
To Apply: Submit resume and application here
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time, temporary; highly competitive salary, including benefits such as 100%-employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for all staff and their children; employer-paid premiums for life insurance for all staff; 13.32 hours accrued vacation per month, 6.66 hours accrued sick leave per month; and reimbursement of home office expenses and enrollment in our retirement savings account after 6 months of employment.
Minimum Education Required