Details: depending on experience, education, and skills
44 Belchertown Road
Verité is a growing, award-winning non-profit organization that illuminates and addresses serious human rights and labor rights violations in factories, farms and other workplaces around the world. We serve private-sector and public-sector clients by building their internal understanding of the labor rights problems they face in their supply chains and operations, and their skills to solve those problems.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the organization’s marketing strategies and all internal and external communications and PR activities.
Tasks and specific responsibilities
- Serves as webmaster of https://www.verite.org and editor of the organization’s newsletter.
- Manages or executes the design, development, and deployment of sophisticated sub-sites in support of specific projects, initiatives, and services.
- Identifies, evaluates, and implements software programs, processes, and tools that improve security, reduce costs, drive workflow efficiencies, and build the brand.
- Conceives of, proposes, and executes innovative marketing and communications initiatives and campaigns that improve traffic and engagement.
- Undertakes or manages complex graphic design, layout, and formatting tasks for public-facing materials.
- Manages external technical, design, and PR resources as needed.
- Maintains and updates the Verité style guide and a library of marketing materials and imagery.
- Hires, trains, and manages marketing and communications interns.
- Represents the organization as a member of client/funder facing teams.
- Continually develops and delivers marketing and communications tools and training for internal staff.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- BA or equivalent experience in related field, e.g., marketing, communications, international business.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience managing websites, social media, and email communication platforms for maximum organizational impact.
- Proficiency with content management software including WordPress and Constant Contact, or the equivalent.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-driven and able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office package.
- Excellent English-language writing and editing skills.
- MA or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience with design software including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Canva, and Infogram.
- Proficiency with eLearning software including Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate, and LearnDash.
- Familiarity with running Google Analytics reports.
- Fluency in written communication in Spanish, French, or Chinese.
Qualifications for all Verité positions
- Demonstrates strong personal commitment to Verité's mission or related social justice objectives in human rights, labor issues, international law, or corporate social responsibility.
- Demonstrates professional competency and/or personal experience thinking and working effectively across a broad range of perspectives and experiences.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and competency engaging with the diverse marginalized populations impacted by Verité’s mission.
- Personal reliability and commitment to organizational success.
Verité is committed to a diverse work force and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expressions, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and CV detailing your relevant experience against the skills and qualifications above to: email@example.com with the subject line ‘Marketing and Communications Manager.’ No telephone inquiries will be accepted for this position.