Details: competitive and based on prior experience and qualifications
● Are you a special educator committed to city-wide impact?
● Are you a relationship builder who is passionate about empowering other educators?
● Are you a team player that thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment?
The NYC Charter School Center is seeking a Special Education Specialist to support NYC charter schools in building inclusive educational environments that ensure equity and access for all. The Specialist will provide schools with tools, resources, technical assistance, and training.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Providing feedback and support through teacher, classroom, and school observations across all five boroughs
● Developing trainings and resources for schools on various instructional, behavioral, and school-wide topics
● Acting as a thought-partner and resource to schools’ unique questions and priorities
In order to be successful in this role, an ideal candidate should demonstrate the following:
● Expertise in best instructional practices for students with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse students
● Ability to create authentic relationships with school leaders, special education leads, and teachers that support a diverse population of students
● Ability to mentor, develop, and motivate others to drive results
● Capacity to implement efficient systems and resources for supporting a large portfolio of schools
● Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, and strong presentation delivery
● Operate with a deep commitment to the NYC Charter School Center ‘s and the Collaborative’s core values, mission and vision
● Motivated by an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and highly collaborative team environment
● Receptive to feedback, committed to continuous improvement, and passionate about professional growth
● Detail-oriented, organized, and highly motivated
● Determined to go “above and beyond” to support schools in ensuring all students have access to high quality programming
Experience and Educational Background
● Minimum of 4-5 years of experience as a special educator working in an urban school, preferably in a charter school
Experience managing or coaching other adults, especially focusing on instructional practices
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a matching 401(k) plan
Minimum Education Required