The mission of Communities In Schools of Northern Virginia is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
The Site Coordinator is responsible for implementing and monitoring an annual School Support Plan in partnership with the school administration and staff at an assigned CIS NOVA partner school.
The Site Coordinator will organize school wide services and events, as well as provide targeted group and individualized interventions to case managed students. Types of these services and events may include academic assistance, basic needs assistance, and college/career readiness programming.
The Site Coordinator will report to the CIS NOVA Director of Operations and works closely with school leadership, community partners and public agencies. CIS NOVA Site Coordinators work full-time in public schools in the Arlington County.
- Ensure that regular needs assessments, service delivery, data tracking, and evaluation/reporting take place. Strategies to address identified needs with measurable goals will guide the work of CIS staff.
- Participate in interdisciplinary meetings with school staff and other resource providers to effectively utilize existing resources and address gaps in services.
- Actively support school orientations, open houses, and family events. Establish and maintain relationships within the community that benefit the school and students.
- Coordinate community resources, volunteers, and partnerships to meet school-wide and students' needs as identified in the School Support Plan.
- Follow data collection plan to evaluate the effectiveness of services in achieving school-wide goals and addressing the needs of individual students; document progress and track site/student outcomes.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the CIS NOVA Director or Operations.
Commitment to the mission of Communities In Schools of NOVA; strong verbal, written, and presentation skills; Bachelor Degree in the areas of social service, education, youth development, public administration or a related field; knowledge of community and school-based service providers; ability to work independently and in a collaborative team setting; ability to mediate conflict and stressful situations; excellent coordinator and time management skills; proficiency in standard computer applications and social media; valid driver's license, access to reliable transportation and proof if adequate vehicle insure coverage.
Master Degree; proficiency in Spanish; familiarity with education, health, child welfare, human service, and related systems in Arlington County, experience with data collection, management and evaluation; volunteer management experience
Start Date: August, 2018
CIS NOVA offers a competitive salary and benefits package
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English; fluency in Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. CIS is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com.
Candidates must pass a criminal background check and complete a TB screening upon hire.