Intake Coordinator at Immigration Center for Women and Children
- Job posted by Immigration Center for Women and Children
Details: Salary is $16-18/hr, depending on experience. This is a full-time position.
3543 18th Street
Intake Coordinator at ICWC’s San Francisco Office
The Immigration Center for Women and Children (ICWC) seeks a full-time intake coordinator to work with attorneys, staff and student interns in its San Francisco office. ICWC is a non-profit legal organization providing affordable immigration services to underrepresented immigrants in California. ICWC strives to provide security and stability for children who are abused, abandoned or neglected and for immigrants who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and other violent crimes. The office primarily works with federal immigration laws that allow victims to apply for work authorization and permanent residency. More information about ICWC is available at www.icwclaw.org.
Duties and Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Conducting initial intake for potential ICWC clients: a telephone screening (or brief in-person interview) to determine eligibility for ICWC services
- Leading outreach efforts to recruit clients - including trainings/presentations in the community
- Assisting attorneys with administrative tasks needed in a client’s immigration case
- Translating (documents) + interpreting (at hearing & interviews) for clients between Spanish & English
- Handling telephone and walk-in reception duties, including scheduling client appointments for all staff
- Performing administrative duties, including maintaining records/filing systems and processing mail from clients, USCIS, FBI, ICE, etc.
- Managing and monitoring client data collection, client database and calendaring systems
- Registering custodians of unaccompanied minors in removal proceedings for legal orientation sessions
- Assisting with various operational duties, including managing facilities
- Regularly using Microsoft Office, Abacus software and forms, Google Docs/Sheets, and Zoho database
- High school diploma
- Applicants with Bachelor/Associate degrees are also strongly encouraged to apply
- Spanish language fluency: oral and written. The position requires the ability to communicate daily through oral and written communications in both Spanish and English. The administrative assistant will regularly interact with monolingual Spanish speakers. Please clearly specify in your application your ability to fluently communicate in both Spanish and English.
-Strong writing skills and meticulous attention to detail
-A demonstrated interest in low-income legal services and/or a commitment to civil liberties and immigrants' rights
-Ability to work effectively with victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and other violent crimes
Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, FSA (flexible spending account for healthcare and commuting expenses), and reimbursement for preventative wellness activities. Generous paid-time off, in addition to office closures for federal holidays and a week-long winter break.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish language fluency: oral and written. The position requires the ability to communicate daily through oral and written communications in both Spanish and English. The intake coordinator will regularly interact with monolingual Spanish speakers. Please clearly specify in your application your ability to fluently communicate in both Spanish and English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Intake Coord ICWC SF 2018” to Jessica Farb, Directing Attorney at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants invited to an interview will be contacted.