901 4th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA BAR
Manager, Member Experience
Who we are:
The District of Columbia Bar is the largest unified Bar in the country in the midst of modernizing nearly every aspect of its business functions. We recognize the hard work of our employees and encourage the development of our staff. Our colleagues represent an array of expertise from legal ethics to digital marketing all with a shared focus on our mission to serve the legal community. At the DC Bar, you are part of a talented team, dedicated to enhancing access to justice, improving the legal system, and empowering lawyers to achieve.
Work with us:
We have an exciting full-time opportunity for a Manager, Member Experience (MME) in the Operations Division. We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others, and a passion for delivering best in class member experience. The MME is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Bar’s quasi-contact center and continuing to redesign processes toward automation and self- service. The individual must have demonstrated diplomacy skills and a data driven mindset. The MME has three direct reports and seasonal staff. This position reports to the Director, Member Services and Experience (DMSE).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises, encourages and cultivates the team reporting to you to ensure high performance
- Identifies service environment enhancements related to technology, processes and policies.
- Advocates for the transformation to an automated and self-service Membership department.
- Utilizes member insights gained from the front line to drive a unified member strategy and transform experiences across the organization.
- Implements and administers membership policies, procedures and systems including the maintenance, physical security and retention of all membership records.
- Coordinates with Information Technology to ensure the Association Management System (AMS) is operating efficiently and optimally.
- Ensures data integrity through consistent monitoring and oversight of all information that is entered in the AMS. Utilizes data hygiene best practices to keep the database accurate and up-to-date.
- Engages the appropriate Bar staff to develop corrective and proactive solutions to member issues and concerns.
- Designs and launches a quality assurance program to assess adherence to Bar standards, business rules and key performance indicators.
- Commitment to continuous improvement, analyzes results and trends to make appropriate recommendations, and implements changes.
- Responds appropriately to subpoenas for membership information, sensitive background checks for federal agencies, and requests for member contact information from other jurisdictions and/or investigators.
- Improves and expands a consolidated billing program for law firms during the license renewal period
- Performs other duties as assigned.
You are the right person if you have:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited university with a minimum of four years of relevant work experience. Experience working in a membership association preferred.
- Relevant management experience required.
- Superior written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills when interfacing with members, colleagues, Bar leaders and partners across multiple departments.
- Analytical mindset who seeks out solutions and makes decisions based on data.
- Ability to multi-task, be detail oriented, deadline driven and able to work well under pressure.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills to identify and implement workable solutions in highly complex or ambiguous situations.
- Ability to exert influence across a matrix organization.
- Must be able to set and manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
This is an exempt position. Benefits include a flexible and collegial work environment, a convenient downtown DC location, and an excellent benefits package.
This is not an attempt to list all the essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time, based on the Bar’s needs.
The District of Columbia Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The DC Bar has an excellent benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Go to our Employment Opportunities website:
And apply online!