This role reports directly to the chief financial officer. The successful candidate will have experience planning for school growth, site selection, design, and construction management and be a responsible, self-motivated architect seeking immediate, full-time employment. We are looking for an individual who is technically skilled, detail-oriented, collaborative, and interested in contributing creatively to design decisions.
You can learn more about the Ascend approach by visiting our website.
The managing director of real estate projects and construction will:
- Direct and coordinate the selection of new sites in accordance with Ascend's growth needs
- Assist in the development of Ascend's strategic direction regarding real estate including input on tax and legal structures, lease negotiations, etc.
- Degree in architecture; seven to ten years of professional experience, preferably in the educational field
- Proficiency in Auto-CAD, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), and commitment to accuracy and detail in all work products
- Ability to multi-task, work within short time frames, and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to take direction as well as work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with a broad stakeholder group with varying degrees of construction expertise
- Ability to manage multiple renovation and construction projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of New York City code requirements and the New York City Department of Buildings' permitting process
- Agile and skilled negotiating abilities
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/nV2PMAsaGwlOh7BwH4nYw" />