Senior Personnel Clerk - Summer School & Paraeducator Staffing
- Job posted by San Francisco Unified School District
Details: SFUSD offers a competitive salary of $61,131.62 – 74,052.16 annually, commensurate with experience in a similar position.
555 Franklin Street
As the 1204 Senior Personnel Clerk, Paraeducator & Summer School Staffing, you will report to the Executive Director of Talent Acquisition & Staffing, be a part of the Human Resources Department, and contribute to the district by tracking and analyzing data to help staff our schools with excellent Paraeducators. You will help to lead the transformational work of the Human Resources team to deliver on the promises outlined in both Transform Learning. Transform Lives. as well as our long-term, city-wide North Star, Vision 2025.
We expect our 1204 Senior Personnel Clerk to:
· Review, analyze and process paraeducator personnel transactions, including certifications, separations, reassignments, referrals, and other personnel matters
· Enter and process data into Human Resources Information Systems and Excel spreadsheets
· Compile and condense technical and statistical data from various sources
· Act as liaison with the Curriculum & Instruction Department to coordinate all aspects of staffing for San Francisco Unified’s summer school program
· Participate in the maintenance of a large variety of detailed clerical records, reports and similar materials
· Construct and analyze reports concerning employee status, probationary periods, payroll activities, certifications, referrals, registry, position control, merit increases, performance appraisal, consolidation and layoff process; issue and track notifications to candidates for response; and verify and correct information to ensure accuracy of reports
· Create and mail notices and reports regarding separations and changes in assignment to district departments and individual educators
· Provide information to departmental representatives, managers, employees, applicants, other agencies and the general public; interprets and explains personnel rules and policies; represent Paraeducator Staffing in meetings with other departments
· Respond to telephone and personnel inquiries from district employees, applicants, and other interested individuals concerning paraeducator duties and responsibilities, paraeducator vacancies, and personnel-related matters
· Prepare written materials including reports, memoranda for the school board, and electronic forms
· Perform training clerical staff and supervise clerical staff, as needed; identify problems and provide possible solutions.
The strongest candidates will have:
● Knowledge of San Francisco’s public schools/urban public schools and a passionate belief in SFUSD’s commitment to instructional leadership as a lever toward delivering on the SFUSD Graduate Profile
● Strong analytic and systems thinking necessary to interpret identify opportunities and provide possible solutions
● Ability to work effectively across multiple functions and roles within a complex organization
● A proven record of effectively planning, organizing and using resources to take action and achieve goals
● Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with senior level district staff and colleagues
● Experience and success with effective written and verbal communication
● Ability to work effectively in difficult situations that involve confidential and sensitive matters
● Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite, especially Gmail, Google Drive and Excel
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan including dental and vision plans, a defined benefit pension plan, disability, life insurance, flexible spending account options and vacation time. We also offer an inclusive and equity-centered environment where we encourage staff to bring their whole selves to work.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application at https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/1088405.