Details: Competitive compensation and generous benefits package
Net Impact is looking for a versatile and detail-oriented communicator to support execution of our program portfolio. The Associate will be responsible for supporting the growth and success of programs from recruitment, through launch and execution. The position is a great fit for someone who is exceptional at operations and managing details of projects, and is excited to work with college students over phone and online to enable them to reach their goals. The Associate will be cross-trained in order to become a skilled contributor in four key areas:
● Outreach: Support the Outreach Manager to identify and recruit talented student program participants
● Community Management: Serve as the primary point of contact for student participants in leadership development programs, with the goal of inspiring students to complete campaigns and programs on their campus
● Digital Marketing / Content Creation: Create original content and manage brand marketing across social media and web channels with the goal of amplifying programs to our target audiences
● Data Management: Use systems like Salesforce to maintain detailed records with the goal of applying this information to drive decision-making
This is an exceptional opportunity for an early career professional who is passionate about social and environmental issues to professionalize their skills and join a high-performing team. The Associate will join a team of programs and marketing staff primarily to support Net Impact’s largest and longest-running program, Up to Us. Up to Us equips hundreds of students each year to hone their leadership skills in order to raise awareness about economic and fiscal issues facing the U.S. The Associate will contribute to other Net Impact programs that focus on a range of social and environmental topics, as needed.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, extremely organized, an excellent communicator, and a team player who is driven by achievement. A hands-on individual who can take projects from conception to implementation and who can channel quantitative and qualitative insights into unique ideas will excel in this position. This is a junior position that provides a great opportunity to put some foundational knowledge to work and gain experience with both the strategy and implementation of program and marketing planning. This role is fast-paced and will prove challenging and demanding during high volume times, so the individual must also be extremely efficient, eager, and resourceful. This is a prime opportunity to gain valuable training and experience in marketing, communications, and community management for a dynamic, values-based organization.
● Source and build targeted contact lists
● Create communications materials that resonate with target audiences
● Support tactical execution of marketing and outreach campaigns, including email, cold calls, and social media
● Co-create systems for tracking metrics related to outreach to evaluate various strategies, key sources, and analyze acquisition efficiency
● Communicate with program participants online and by phone in an organized fashion and with a friendly, enthusiastic, solutions-oriented attitude
● Ensure participants understand program requirements and subsequently meet their deadlines and goals, while troubleshooting issues as they arise
● Track program deliverables and communications on a daily basis to anticipate future challenges among program participants
● Write compelling communications to current and potential participants to engage, energize, and educate them on program issues
● Assist with design, implementation and logistics of program work streams including training sessions at the Annual Net Impact Conference, disbursement of funds, and travel logistics to live event
Digital Marketing / Content Creation
● Manage content creation and scheduling on social media for programs
● Develop ad copy for both paid social media and google AdWords to ensure targeted segmentation and optimization of messaging to increase program participation and brand awareness
● Write articles and blog posts on issues including career guidance, global food supply, racial equity, and other topics related to social and environmental responsibility
● Contribute to writing and production of monthly email newsletters following an editorial calendar
● Measure and analyze success of content marketing strategies and make recommendations for future improvements
● Maintain Salesforce (SFDC) database and build out processes for efficient relationship management and application tracking
● Create and maintain segmented email lists in SFDC and Pardot with regular data audits to ensure the community is properly grouped and effectively communicated with
● 1+ years of relevant experience (could be concurrent with school)
● An action-oriented self-starter who is able to manage multiple projects and excel in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment
● Ability to connect with college students in a mutually-respectful and professional manner
● Flexible and resourceful, ready to step in wherever needed and deal with ambiguity
● Creative, able to forge connections between seemingly divergent concepts and constantly iterating on the best ways to communicate important, weighty ideas
● Superb communications skills, both written and verbal, particularly with student audiences
● Excellent persuasion skills: we’re looking for someone who can convince others to take action!
● Proficient in MS Office, Google Suite
● Personal experience as a student participant or leader in social or environmental issues
● Ability to write and edit clear, compelling copy with flawless attention to detail
● Experience with email marketing campaigns, placed media and PR
● Understanding of web content and mobile strategy
● Ability to translate corporate-sounding language into engaging copy and program features into tangible benefits that connect with college students and young professionals
● Ability to edit videos and photos, experience with Adobe Creative Suite
● Experience using Salesforce, Pardot, SEO or Google Analytics a plus
About Net Impact
Net Impact is a pioneer in the corporate sustainability space, having built a loyal following of tens of thousands over the past 25 years. Today, our community of tens of thousands of individuals in 350+ chapters includes students and graduate students all over the world, as well as emerging professionals who aspire to make a difference. As the central organization in Oakland, CA, we develop programs and opportunities for our global network to connect, build skills, and make a difference on important issues like racial equity, food security, and climate change. The annual Net Impact conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next generation leaders who want to transform the world.
Location:Downtown Oakland, CA USA
Compensation: Competitive compensation and generous benefits package
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send the following application materials to email@example.com. Please write your name and the title for this position (Your name – Program and Marketing Associate) in the subject line of your email.
1) Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact
3) Professional writing samples