We are seeking a philanthropic minded Art Gallery Director to join our team Development Team! The new incumbents’ primary responsibilities will include all aspects of the strategic planning and execution of the exhibitions at Fountain House Gallery, as well as numerous external exhibitions throughout the greater metropolitan area, including participation in the Outsider Art Fair. You will work closely with the member-artists of Fountain House, the Fountain House Gallery and Studio Advisory Board, as well as our extended community of supporters and partners.
This is a unique nonprofit art space that serves the dual purpose of an innovative program, advancing organizational mission and supporting artists with serious mental Illness (SMI), while both developing and generating donor interest and cultivating art buyers to increase sales for member artists and Fountain House mission.
This position will be responsible for Gallery fundraising activities that includes generating and executing a strategy that supports Individual giving, Gallery events and prospecting new potential donors. This position requires a professional who can envision new partnerships and engage new audiences, set and exceed goals and expectations, initiate and grow authentic relationships and motivate and inspire action in others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Designs public programs, pricing, benefits and promotional plans to maximize philanthropic opportunities; to expand our audience and to educate our community utilizing art as a platform to communicate the power of art and important issues related to mental illness.
· Collaborate with the Fountain House External Affairs department to develop gallery and studio focused fundraising events and to unify the cultivation of donors, including our Annual Fundraiser and Art Auction that raises our annual budget and has five hundred attendees.
· Collaborates with colleagues across the Gallery to ensure philanthropic support of mission priorities and alignment with existing Gallery assets and programs.
· Identifies and oversees the implementation of effective strategies and tactics for developing a robust annual and mid-level giving program.
· Support fundraising efforts on behalf of Fountain House Gallery and Studio through building relationships with potential donors, collectors, and funders.
· Create and nurture partnerships with organizations, corporations, prominent curators, leaders in the greater art world to ensure high quality shows and public programs.
· Attract, influence, engage and build long-term relationships with all types of donors and key stakeholders.
· Ready the Gallery for future campaigns and events.
Gallery Oversight (35%)
· Act as a spokesperson and liaison for the gallery and studio, speaking on behalf of the program in varied settings as a leader in the field of art and mental illness and art and disability. Understand and amplify the voice of our member artists.
· Lead and engage Fountain House Gallery and Studio advisory board, steering committee, and all member artists to be active participants in the decision-making of the program, as well as to support the execution of our mission.
· Partner with a team of staff, to complete daily administrative tasks – database management, accounting, data collection, customer service and artwork sales.
Supports the CDO in management of studio advisory board, including objective-setting, meeting preparation, ongoing communications with members, volunteers, and facilitating their engagement in Fountain House mission.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Ability to work successfully in a setting that prioritizes membership, development of new audiences, and active donor discovery and engagement.
· Highly skilled at community and member engagement.
· Demonstrated, well developed communication skills (written and verbal) including experience in creating and presenting compelling proposals to donors.
· Well-organized, detail-oriented, effective at follow-through and priority setting.
· While knowledge of art is not a ‘must have’, an authentic interest in and passion for art is a requirement in this role.
· Contemporary art background highly preferred
· Connection and sensitivity to serious mental illness preferred.
· Commitment to utilizing art for social justice is essential.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
· Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree desirable.
· 5+ year experience in philanthropic art spaces.
· 3+ years development & fundraising experience (donor prospect, cultivation, and stewardship)
· Proven experience in promoting art awareness through community and creativity.
· Demonstrated poise, transparency, and collaboration.
· Experience in a nonprofit organization, cultural or educational institution, or equivalent preferred, with a working knowledge of all areas within development, including major gifts, annual giving, membership, corporate and foundation giving, planned giving, campaigns and research. Experience with arts-related organizations a plus.
· Able to attract, influence, engage and build long-term relationships with all types of donors and key stakeholders.
We are seeking a philanthropic minded Art Gallery Director to join our team Development Team! The new incumbents’ primary responsibilities will include all aspects of the strategic planning and execution of the…
Comprehensive benefits with generous PTO.
Comprehensive benefits with generous PTO.
To apply: Please remember to include your cover letter, resume and salary requirements: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/516372/Fountain-House-Inc/Director-Gallery
To apply: Please remember to include your cover letter, resume and salary requirements: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/516372/Fountain-House-Inc…