Details: Salary commensurate with experience
18 Belvidere Street
ORGANIZATIONAL OVERVIEW: Saint Cecilia Parish is a vibrant Roman Catholic
community in the heart of the City of Boston with approximately 3000 registered and active
households. Saint Cecilia’s mission is lived out though 27 ministries and outreach
POSITION: Campus & Youth Minister (full time)
REPORTS TO: Pastoral Director of Operations
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Campus & Youth Minister is a full time position with two
distinct areas of responsibility:
CAMPUS MINISTRY DEVELOPMENT & LEADERSHIP
• Lead the development of a campus ministry that draws in college students from the
15 universities within a 1 mile radius of our parish.
• Ensure that Saint Cecilia is known to these students through digital and print media
• Liaise with university campus ministers in the Boston area regarding programming
and resources. Understand best practices of campus ministries throughout the
• Create a campus ministry leadership team to develop a ministry which includes
service, social, and spiritual components. Brainstorm activities, speaker series,
parish communication vehicles, budget requirements, and leadership structure.
YOUTH MINISTRY DEVELOPMENT & LEADERSHIP
• Lead the development of a year-round teen ministry including service, social, and
spiritual components. Programming should be geared for middle and high school
• Understand the best practices of teen ministries throughout the country. Partner
with other youth ministers to share ideas.
• Work with parish staff and parent/teen group to brainstorm activities, speaker
series, parish communication vehicles, budget requirements, and leadership
• Participate in the annual Young Neighbors in Action (YNIA) program when
approximately 25 teens, along with our pastor, attend a 10-day service/spiritual trip
at a different location in the country each year.
• Work with high school students to create follow up activities to their YNIA trip.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated and
flexible. The position requires a positive attitude, the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines,
and to work well in a team environment. Specific qualifications include:
• Strong desire to work in a faith-based community, embracing and supporting all its
complexities and challenges
• Masters degree focused on spiritual and pastoral formation is highly desired,
however life experience is equally valued
• Solid computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Ability to work collaboratively towards the parish mission and to adapt to different
• Excellent communication skills with individuals and teams
Minimum Education Required