Details: Competitive Rate
Lynn Shelter Association provides shelter, supportive case management services and housing solutions to people experiencing homelessness in Greater Lynn. Our service are designed to foster self-sufficiency and a return to independent life as quickly as possible.
Lynn Shelter Association is seeking a full-time Program Director at one of our Family Shelters. Under the general direction of the Senior Program Director of Family Shelters, the Program Director provides for the day-to-day administration, program development and clinical operations for the parents and children living at the family shelters.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Human Services
Experience: 5 years of related experience working with families, homeless, mental health issues and substance abuse.
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Applications
• Ability to work independently and relate to all levels of the organization
• Excellent communication skills, conflict resolution skills, supervision skills
• Fiscal management skills inclusive of budgetary control
• Employee development and performance management skills
• Strong leadership and problem solving skills
• Written and verbal skills
• Ability to implement and utilize limit setting techniques and appropriate boundaries
• Interpersonal and management skills commensurate with program director position
• Knowledge of DHCD regulations
• Knowledge of community resources
• Supervisory and management experience
• Hiring, training, evaluation, and recommends termination of Direct Care workers and Case Managers.
• Assesses professional development needs of staff and recommends plans to increase skill sets.
• Mediation of staff issues up to grievance level.
• Facilitate staff meetings and trainings.
• Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual program reports for public and private funders, the Executive Director and the Board
• Attend PD and other management meetings.
• Maintain accurate HR files, i.e.; attendance, supervision notes, documentation of progressive discipline.
• Develop and maintain Program specific rules and regulations for inclusion in policy and procedure manual of agency
• Develop and maintain policies, procedures and physical plant as required for funder compliance.
• Review and approve client progress notes.
• Audit client files for quality and completeness in compliance with DHCD requirements.
• Manage program to budget, manage petty cash and all purchases.
• Ensure staff compliance with agency policies and procedures.
• Maintain accurate programmatic documentation such as fire drills, incident reports, daily logs, progress notes, and any other
• Interaction with public entities, with regard to program
• Implements all program safety procedures
• In addition to ongoing evaluation and support, annually provides formal written evaluation of all program staff as specified by
agency personnel policies.
• On call 24 hours a day for emergencies/staff support and guidance
The requirements described here are representative of what must be done to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job function.
• Regularly required to sit, walk, stand, bend, and stoop to access information and materials in file cabinets shelves and closets
• Normal range of hearing and vision is required in this position with or without correction
• Must be able to work with background distractions
• Frequently requires use of equipment such as telephone, copiers, computers and fax machine
• Ability to quickly walk up three flights of stairs
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a culturally diverse population of clients, other care providers, family and community members
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
• Ability to work as an effective change agent
• Organized and detail oriented
• Ability to function under pressure
• Ability to be flexible, open and responsive to crisis management
Lynn Shelter Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume.
Minimum Education Required