675 Massachusetts Avenue
Analyst – Research Team
The Research team at The Center for Effective Philanthropy (CEP) seeks a highly motivated Analyst with a desire to utilize her/his abilities to create positive social impact by improving the performance of charitable funders and, through them, the nonprofit sector as a whole. We are seeking candidates who express a defined interest in contributing to research by helping to design methodologically sound studies and conducting rigorous quantitative and qualitative analyses.
This position is based in CEP’s Cambridge, MA office.
Desired Professional Attributes:
· You understand that CEP’s work depends on the high quality of our analysis and, likewise, have high standards for quality control, task management, and attention to detail
· You are confident in your work, but are humble in the knowledge that you are always learning and improving
· You are organized, and adaptable, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
· You enjoy a mix of working independently as well as on teams, and you bring a hard-working, empathetic, and reliable approach to both situations
· You take initiative, when appropriate, and you are tolerant of ambiguity
· You are curious and ask questions; you thrive in an environment that encourages diversity of opinion
· You have the highest level of personal integrity and commitment to excellence
The Analyst will work closely with CEP’s energetic and diverse staff to provide foundation executives, boards, and staff with data-driven insights to enhance the effectiveness of their work.
More specifically, s/he can expect to be involved in the following:
· Contributing seminal research to the philanthropic sector
· Performing rigorous quantitative and qualitative analyses using data collected from foundations, grantee organizations, beneficiaries, and/or other stakeholders in the nonprofit sector
· Synthesizing findings, shaping the ideas communicated in final materials, and developing clear and compelling reports
· Designing survey questions and managing processes associated with fielding surveys, as well as collecting information for survey samples
· Actively contributing to team discussions, collaborating on cross-team projects, and helping develop CEP’s internal knowledge base and operations
· College degree (B.S., B.A.) and some work experience or master’s degree required
· Demonstrated proficiency in statistical analyses such as T-Tests, ANOVA, and Chi Squares is required. Demonstrated experience performing regressions will receive preferred consideration.
· Demonstrated ability to conduct quantitative analysis and synthesize findings into persuasive recommendations
· Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and experience with statistical packages (i.e. SPSS, SAS, STATA, R) desirable
· Experience with survey design a plus
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
Our nonprofit model is central to our identity: our bottom line is impact, not profit. Yet even as a nonprofit, we successfully compete for top talent across both the public and private sectors and offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
· Competitive salary.
· Performance based incentive compensation plan.
· Comprehensive health and dental insurance plans.
· Generous paid time off plan, including up to 15 holidays, two weeks of accrued vacation, and two personal days per year.
· 401(k) plan with a 1:1 Employer Match up to 5% of total compensation.
· Generous annual personal professional development allowance.
· Flexible spending and dependent care tax free savings plans.
· Life insurance covered 100% by the organization.
We believe diversity and inclusion are key drivers of creativity and innovation and we actively seek out candidates from many types of diverse backgrounds to apply for this exciting role.
CEP is based in Cambridge Massachusetts, with a second office in San Francisco, California. This position is available in CEP’s Cambridge office.
Please fill out our application for employment and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. If you have any questions, please contact Leaha Wynn, Associate Manager, Human Capital at jobs [at] effectivephilanthropy [dot] org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
CEP values diversity of backgrounds, skills, experiences, and perspectives and has adopted a diversity and inclusiveness policy that outlines our values and principles.
Minimum Education Required