The Senior Communications Manager is a member of the Development team reporting to the Chief Development Officer and Chief Executive Officer. The Senior Communications Manager plays a key role in overseeing the overall communications strategy and assists in fundraising goals. Birch Family Services is an organization supporting children, adolescents and adults with autism and other developmental disabilities in New York City. Our early childhood, school and community-based programs touch more than 2000 individuals and their families each day. The Senior Communications Manager is responsible for shaping the communications strategy and public image of Birch Family Services.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Collaborate with leadership team to develop an annual communications plan to increase the visibility of Birch, grow base of supporters, and engage all constituency groups.
• Develop key messages and brand strategy to ensure consistent use throughout the organization.
• Create and implement an outreach strategy, including social media, to target audiences to optimize message delivery.
• Strategize and manage the creation of all organizational materials.
• Update leadership of relevant news and regulatory developments.
• Develop and manage content for print and online publications.
• Develop media plans, establish relationships with media outlets, and coordinate press releases.
• Strategically utilize and manage website/blog/social media to increase levels of engagement with the organization, grow its base of supporters and provide public education on the issues of autism, special education, community services, and disability rights.
• Support the agency’s fundraising events with a focus on related messaging, materials, and promotion.
• Support the Development team in preparing competitive grant proposals.
• Identify and direct Birch’s participation in opportunities and events that will promote the importance of Birch’s mission, increase visibility, and demonstrate expertise.
• Consistently produce high-quality deliverables on a timely basis and demonstrate good decision-making.
• Support the CEO in communications with all constituent groups including the Board of Directors.
BA degree in Corporate Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, plus 3-5 years of non-profit development experience required;
Prior experience experience advocating for autism and developmental disability rights or awareness of the issues surrounding such programs, strongly preferred;
Demonstrated ability to create content for development outreach and fundraising;
Proven track record in media relations;
Advanced verbal and written communication skills including the ability to edit and proof copy for clarity and brevity;
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook;
Strong graphic design skills and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop or other image editing and publication software strongly preferred; Videography skills an added plus;
Strong working knowledge of social media marketing including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and SEO best practices and Google analytics strongly preferred;
Ability to work effectively independently and in cross-functional groups;
Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with all levels of organization and external partners.
The Senior Communications Manager is a member of the Development team reporting to the Chief Development Officer and Chief Executive Officer. The Senior Communications Manager plays a key role in overseeing the…
Robust benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life/ AD&D, pension, 403B, health and dependent FSA, commuter FSA, mileage and expense reimbursement, paid time off
Robust benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life/ AD&D, pension, 403B, health and dependent FSA, commuter FSA, mileage and expense…