Details: Salary commensurate with experience, starting at $20 per hour. Average 15-20 monthly hours expected
Job Title: Development Coordinator, Bindlestiff Family Cirkus
About Us: Bindlestiff Family Variety Arts, Inc. uniquely combines America’s outstanding folk traditions of circus, sideshow, vaudeville, storytelling, and burlesque. Our three primary areas of focus are presenting and performing world-class circus arts productions; cultivation and support of emerging artists in our medium; and engaging communities in which we live and work through Social Circus initiatives, which use circus arts to foster individual and community development. Bindlestiff hosted its first Bindlestiff Family Cirkus Winter Cabaret in 1995 in Brooklyn, New York. Since then we have presented over 450 of the world’s top artists in the circus and variety fields. The annual Winter Cabaret has appeared in ten different Off Off and Off Broadway theaters in NYC, and the Bindlestiff Family Cirkus has toured 35 American states and performed in a dozen international festivals and events.
Salary: commensurate with experience
Contact: Laura Siegel email@example.com
Description: Bindlestiff Family Variety Arts, Inc. is seeking a full-time Development Coordinator. This position provides a unique opportunity for a highly-organized individual with an interest in non-profit development and fundraising.
- Create overall development strategy for Bindlestiff that includes contributed income from individual donors and institutional funders.
- Research new foundation and government funding opportunities aligned with Bindlestiff’s mission and programs.
- Collaborate with team to develop new strategies for conveying information about Bindlestiff to potential funders.
- Work closely with team to develop effective and compelling grant materials, proposals, letters of inquiry, presentations, acknowledgement letters, reports, and other institutional communications.
- Manage the proposal development process. Research new institutional, foundation, and individual funding prospects and prioritize funding opportunities. Draft and review proposals, letters of inquiry and reports to prospective and existing funders
- Cultivating, stewarding, and soliciting donors and prospects
- Oversee drafting and timely production and mailing of donor acknowledgement letters to individual and institutional supporters.
- Maintain detailed grant tracking and grants calendar
- Weekly email communication and bi-weekly phone meetings with Bindlestiff executive and administrative staff
- The Development Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director and will also work closely with the Artistic Director and other members of the team. The Coordinator will be expected to work remotely and operate in an independent, self-motivated fashion.
Motivation, creativity, and flexibility ● Communication and People skills ● Google Drive familiarity
- Demonstrated success at grant writing, large and small donor cultivation and building relationships with funders.
- Strong writing skills with attention to detail, and the ability to demonstrate persuasive writing and articulate clear and concise thoughts.
- Sharp analytical skills to figure out the inputs that lead to desired outputs, figure out what’s missing, what’s superfluous, and how to do it better with a strong focus on systems and process.
- Strong contributor in team environments to help strengthen internal communications, collaborations, and organizational culture.
- Good sense of humor.
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to balance multiple, complex projects in a highly deadline-driven environment.
- Displays resiliency and realistic optimism when articulating challenges in their work and ability to use a solutions-based, collaborative approach to drive change.
- Quick learner who demonstrates an eagerness to continually strengthen their understanding of Bindlestiff’s three primary fields of focus. Continually seeks constructive feedback and leverages input to move work forward.
- Flexible and adaptive to effectively manage changing priorities and new opportunities.
- Deep commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and aligned in thought and action with Bindlestiff’s values.
Bindlestiff Family Cirkus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Please send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Level of Language Proficiency
Candidate should have conversational fluency in English, and be able to communicate concepts and ideas clearly in speech and writing. Multi-lingual applicants welcome.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Bindlestiff Family Cirkus is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Please send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.