Do you strive to be an HR aficionado? Looking to jumpstart your Human Resources Career? Thrive on a fast-paced work environment? This may be the right entry level position to get your foot into the HR realm!
Join our Human Resources Team at The Doe Fund!
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HR Assistant will be responsible for providing quality administrative support to a five member human resources team. The position is based out of our East 102nd Street location, but traveling to our other locations throughout NYC may be required from time to time.
The Doe Fund is a leading New York City non-profit organization that operates the enormously popular and highly visible Ready, Willing & Able program, whose participants clean over 160 miles of streets and sidewalks every day. With a $55 million budget, over 400 staff members and 46,000 individual donors, The Doe Fund is nationally acclaimed as a work-based model for solving homelessness and criminal recidivism. We empower people to break the cycles of homelessness, welfare dependency, substance abuse, and incarceration through innovative work and housing programs.
- Maintain of employee master and benefit files, review accuracy of records and conduct audits to insure data integrity (I-9 files, new hire checklists, benefits files etc.)
- Assist the Talent Acquisition Specialist with Active Filing
- Assist the Benefits & HRIS Specialist with Benefits Filing
- Assist the HR/PR Coordinator with Term. Filing.
- Putting together Communication Flyers using programs such as MailChimp, Publisher, Adobe, etc.
- Assist in the administration and roll out of various HR programs and process such as benefits open enrollment, Wellness Fairs, coordination of pre-employment background and reference checks, etc.
- Assist with HR related audits
- Support the Benefits & HRIS Specialist with data input changes into ADP Workforce Now as needed
- Support the Human Resources Generalist and HR/PR Coordinator with Workers’ Compensation Filing
- Support the HR Director on rolling out various projects.
- Coordination and filing of all employee status change forms
- Assist with the coordination of the New Hire Orientation process and paperwork
- Ad hoc reporting using Excel and Google Sheets; use of pivot tables, v-lookup, and formulas
- Creating and/or pulling ADP reports for HR team and other key staff upon request
- Maintain the content on the facility bulletin boards
- Answer general human resources questions and/or direct people to the correct source
- Perform other administrative duties, such as filing, etc., as assigned or requested
- Minimum 1 year administrative support experience, preferably in an HR function
- High School Graduate or equivalent minimum, college experience or degree desired
- Acute attention to detail
- Professional manner in person and on the telephone
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills including the ability to listen well and communicate clearly
- Ability to organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks
- Time management skills to effectively prioritize and complete tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to work as a team member with various groups of individuals including all levels of management
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of Google Drive, Sheets, Docs, Gmail, etc.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality
- Some knowledge of ADP Workforce Now system preferred, but not required
- Willingness to collaborate and achieve results in cooperation with others.
- A strong interest in The Doe Fund’s mission
The Doe Fund is a fast paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with strategic and innovative ideas. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401(k), and a generous vacation policy. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to join a well-established organization working on the cutting-edge of important social issues.
The Doe Fund, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please visit the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=36649787-97b0-4130-b8d5-6cf311accabb&jobId=258712&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001