Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Footsteps supports and affirms individuals and families who have left, or are contemplating leaving, insular ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities in their quest to lead self-determined lives. Through our broad array of programs, critical supports and access to essential resources, Footsteps creates a vibrant community that celebrates the triumphs and advocates for the concerns of our members. We have served over 1,400 individuals since our founding in 2003 and we have an annual budget of just over $2M annually.
Footsteps seeks a skilled and savvy Operations Manager to ensure strong internal systems at a pivotal moment of organizational growth. Primary areas of management will include: finance and human resources administration, facilities management, and provision of operational support for programs. The Operations Manager will work closely with the Associate Director to build and improve organizational processes and procedures for the smooth functioning of the entire organization. This new position is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, highly organized individual with a penchant for systems and efficiency. This position is full-time, as is exempt from overtime.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Prepare materials for bookkeeper’s monthly visit
- Work closely with Development team to compile financial reports for institutional supporters
- Manage organizational insurance renewals
- Coordinate organizational annual audit and 990 processes
- In collaboration with Associate Director, facilitate the process for building organizational budget proposal
- Work with program staff to facilitate timely distribution of funds to members (i.e.: academic scholarships), to manage programmatic budgets, and maintain and improve processes and reporting around financial components of programs
- Serve as ongoing benefits manager; Prepare and file annual benefit enrollments
- Maintain confidential personnel records and ensure all protocols are followed when on-boarding and off-boarding employees
- Manage annual performance evaluation process. Set calendar, distribute evaluation templates, and follow up with supervisors and staff to ensure timely process
- Organize and facilitate planning for annual staff retreat, staff outings, and staff celebrations committee
- Schedule regular staff meetings and liaise with executive assistant to maintain internal organizational calendar and ensure preparation and follow-up on action items
- Maintain office supplies and equipment inventory including corporate accounts and service subscriptions
- Maintain organizational records, consistent with the organization’s document retention and destruction policy
- Maintain phone system and basic IT functionality for staff, interfacing with support desks, when needed
- Ensure security protocols are in place to protect Footsteps databases, website and staff computers
- Organize and maintain office common areas; Liaise with building management
- Provide operational support for Footsteps programs and events (i.e.: Certificate of Insurance, fire marshal, vendor contracts, etc.)
- Additional duties as assigned
Competencies & Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years combined relevant experience
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and use appropriate discretion
- Strong proficiency with technology (Microsoft Office required, Salesforce a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, growing organization, including flexibility to simultaneously perform a wide variety of tasks
- Comfort working independently and as part of a team
Footsteps provides competitive salaries and benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate your name and “Operations Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Footsteps. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Footsteps is an equal opportunity employer. We carefully consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.