25 East 21st Street
Entity: Peace is Loud
Title: Full Time Speakers Bureau Coordinator
Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Full-Time
Reports to: Speakers Bureau Manager
WHO WE ARE:
Peace is Loud is a non-profit founded by filmmaker Abigail Disney that strengthens the visibility and influence of women who are building peace and resisting violence around the world. Through film impact campaigns, speaking events and political empowerment, we advance women's leadership in building inclusive, secure communities.
This means we do a lot of things, and that’s because there is so much work to be done. For decades, women all over the world have been driving change in their communities, and demanding more equitable and meaningful roles for women in decision-making. These women’s stories are continuously sidelined, and Peace is Loud is bringing them front and center.
We’re a small, hardworking, hands-on team that draws our success from strong communication skills, teamwork, and a passion for our mission.
Peace is Loud is hiring a full-time Speakers Bureau Coordinator who will work with its Speakers Bureau to conduct outreach to existing and prospective hosts in an effort to secure speaking engagements for the inspiring women peacebuilders with which we partner. In addition to working to raise visibility and influence for our speakers and Peace is Loud, this position will also support our speakers in confirming their logistics and all details pertaining to confirmed events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with our growing list of 25 speakers.
• Work with Speakers Bureau Manager to conduct outreach to existing and prospective hosts in an effort to secure speaking engagements for the inspiring women peacebuilders with which we partner.
• Coordinate travel arrangements for events with speaker and hosts.
• Handle travel invoicing following events and compile receipts.
• Ensure all payables and receivables are forwarded to the appropriate parties for timely payment and deposit.
• Ensure all project payables and receivables are forwarded to the Executive Director and Bookkeeper for timely payment and deposit.
• Coordinate all event logistics, including tax forms and legal matters.
• Input all host contacts and relevant notes into Peace is Loud’s CRM.
• Coordinate with Speakers Bureau Manager and Communications team on creating and implementing communications strategies for Speakers Bureau.
• Coordinate with Communications team to maintain and update the Speakers Bureau webpage as needed.
• Keep detailed information on every secured speaking engagement.
• Gather press materials for every speaker represented by Speakers Bureau.
• Maintain a media archive for all speaking engagements.
• Send post-event follow-up emails, and follow-up calls to hosting venues.
• Provide additional support for the Speakers Bureau, as assigned by Peace is Loud’s Speakers Bureau Manager.
WHO YOU ARE & YOUR BACKGROUND:
You have a passion for social justice, women's rights and human rights. You hold yourself accountable and are highly self-motivated. You have a strong moral compass.
Your strength is in writing persuasive emails and pitches – a lot of them. You’re able to work independently, tailoring outreach in a way that aligns with both the mission of Peace is Loud and the potential speaking host, whether it be a corporate entity or Liberal Arts college. You can stay on track while going down internet rabbit holes in search of well-aligned prospects. You can think outside of the box and find allies beyond the choir. You’re confident and bold in your digital voice, with language that is impactful and engaging. And, finally, you love detail and problem solving. A speaker’s flight is cancelled enroute to an event? No problem! You’ll be able to work swiftly to re-book them and get them to the event with time to spare.
You’ve researched prospects and helped to write a grant proposal or two. You have a Bachelor’s degree, and at least two years in an external facing role, representing an organization via email and direct contact. You’re motivated and organized, allowing you to commit to accuracy and follow through. You can communicate with an array of personalities, especially via email. You have strong computer skills, including facility with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, and CRM databases.
-Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
-Flexible spending program
-Generous vacation time & personal days
-Lots of snacks
Your application should be sent as a single PDF document that includes:
- A brief description of why you are interested in the position, and what you would bring to the role;
- A résumé or CV;
- A favorite email pitch you’ve sent, regardless of whether or not it solicited a response.
Your PDF should be submitted to: email@example.com, subject line, “Speakers Bureau Coordinator.” Only complete applications sent as a single PDF will be reviewed.
Applications will be accepted through November 9, 2018, or until our ideal candidate is identified. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
By recognizing, nurturing and embodying the values of dignity, collaboration, commitment and integrity, we aim to uphold and work towards a culture of peace, love and justice, both within our workplace as well as through our work extending to the outside world.
It is the policy of Peace is Loud to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran.
We are committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and ages. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people and people with disabilities.
Minimum Education Required